MyMoppett's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, March 1st, 2016 2:49 PM

U-verse Showcase channel 1800

Has U-verse Showcase channel 1800 been discontinued as of 3/1/16?  Or did it change to a different channel?  If not, is there a channel comparable?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Professor

• 

7.7K Messages

8 years ago

All of those channels such as Showcase, Front Row, ATTention have been discontinued.

Effective February 29, 2016 the U-verse member channels: ATTention (channels 400, 962 in SD and 1100, 1400, 2500 in HD), Buzz (channels 300, 851, 961 in SD and 1000, 1300, 1851 in HD), Front Row (channels 100, 847 in SD and 1847 in HD), Showcase (channels 800, 964 in SD and 1800 in HD), Sports (channels 600, 801, 963 in SD and 1600, 1801 in HD), and U-verse Movies (channels 200, 850, 945, 960 in SD and 1200, 1850 in HD), will no longer be available to U-verse customers.

http://programmingchanges.att.com/

Teacher

• 

27 Messages

8 years ago

We are missing this, too.

We've searched for an alternative and see none. Anyone else know of anything similar?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

Boo. We had Showcase channel on all day. Fix this Uverse. 

ACE - Professor

• 

7.7K Messages

8 years ago

@tntuxedo wrote:

Boo. We had Showcase channel on all day. Fix this Uverse. 

I think it's time to find a new background noise. I doubt it'll come back.

Scholar

• 

87 Messages

8 years ago

Originally Uverse listed all of the channels in these Uverse groups as channels that would be removed.  At this point that's not actually what they've done. The ATTention, Showcase, and Sports group have been eliminated.  The Buzz group has been re-purposed as a preview of the premium movie services where the channels from that group are now as follow:  300 - HBO, 851 - Epix, 961 - Starz, 1000 - HBO, 1300 - Showtime, and 1851 - Epix.  If you don't subscribe to one of those services the related channel will show a preview and give instructions on how to subscribe to the service.  If you subscribe to any or all of those services you will get a page on the related channel stating that you are subscribed to that service and listing the main SD and HD channels for that service.  The Front Row group no longer is on channel 100 with channels 847 and 1847 carrying a PPV schedule.  The Uverse Movie group seems to be essentially unchanged.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

Got it. Google's wiring Austin. Time to research their background noise options.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

It is amazing how ATT screwed up on this one, my bill is outrageous and I kept the service soley because of Ch. 1800 and now its gone. No more reason to stay with ATT, I can get same service elsewhere!

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

8 years ago

@temitopeacn wrote:

It is amazing how ATT screwed up on this one, my bill is outrageous and I kept the service soley because of Ch. 1800 and now its gone. No more reason to stay with ATT, I can get same service elsewhere!

You had better check that your new provider has the Showcase channel before you switch. I sure do not understand the idea of keeping or dropping a provider due to a channel that was used primarily to demonstrate high definition.

Teacher

• 

27 Messages

8 years ago

dwinth --

Just as one could take - for instance - a tool such as a wheelbarrow and use it, filled with soil to grow flowers, Channel 1800 was also used by subscribers for a purpose other than its original intention.

Many of us used it as sort of a screensaver, a placemarker that was often beautiful and calming, a standout amongst the vast raft of hard action, acute comedy, and tensional reality shows. Many muted the channel and let it run much of the day. That ATT did not realize the channel was being used in this fashion is not surprising, but I'm sad that they didn't. We miss it at our home. There is no alternative that we have been able to find.

Perhaps ATT would do well to consider providing subscribers a channel comprised simply of short subject scenes such as Channel 1800 used, but without the constant bantering of "Get HD now!" Not everyone wants constant high energy television pumped into their house 24/7, but would welcome a channel which was a respite from that. The lamented Channel 1800 was just that for many of us.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I'm really bummed!  I watched uvshow 1800 ALL the time!  I LOVED it!  Please bring it back!!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.