rathbone1's profile

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

Saturday, July 30th, 2011 3:31 PM

U-Verse TV keeps freezing

I have had  U-verse TV and Internet for several years throughout which I've had problems with the TV picture freezing and then losing connection. When this happens, my Internet goes out as well. I've rebooted the system and it works for a while. Techs have been out numerous times and temporarily fixed the problem only to have it re-occur later on down the road. This is extremely frustrating and I'm considering going back to my old cable company and using ATT DSL for my Internet. In those days, I had no such problems.

I've had the router and DVR replaced twice. My DVR sits on top of my DVD/VCR combo player. My computer is in a room other than my TV but nearby. The latest malfunction was last night. This morning it seems to be working....for now... but the thought of a shutdown always looms. My next door neighbor has Uverse and doesn't experience these problems.

Any suggestions?

[subject edited as new topic was created] -moderator

Official Solution

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

13 years ago

I did as I was asked and the bottom line is that a tech came to my house the next day and repaced the adapter which he said was old. All was working when he came and working when he left. I suggested that I be put on a different terminal. The next day I received a call from an outside tech who did the terminal thing after which nothing worked. He remained here all day conferring with Texas ATT, his supervisor came here as well, etc. The TX person said that her screen showed I was up and running when in fact nothing was running...no TV, no Internet. I was told that between the hours of midnight and 5:00 AM today, a NEW CARD WOULD BE PHYSICALLY PLACED IN THE TERMINAL BOX. Sure enough, all is well again and my TV and Internet are working fine. What an ordeal but the solution started with this board and for that I'm grateful.

Many thanks to all who worked so hard on the problem. Happy.....for now!

Official Solution

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

9 years ago

The wired box is the DVR that does all the trick play on live TV. So, all activity does go through it. But, the system is designed to work even if it is not there.

First try a whole house reboot -

Pull all power.

Repower RG, wait for all green

Repower wired box, wait for viewing.

Repower wireless WAP/STBs

You could also try a differnt cat5 cable or a differenr connection on the RG.

The system should work better than you are seeing. If it is still a problem call in for it to be fix. You may need a new DVR or RG.

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

13 years ago

Can you download and install SomeJoe's tool at the link below?

http://www.uverserealtime.com/

Once you install the tool, please post screenshots of the following tabs: IP/ProfileError Table, Bitloading, & Coax/HPNA.

We can take a look at the screenshots to see if there appears to be any issues with your system.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

13 years ago

I downloaded what you asked and accessed the stats but have no idea as to how to post the results to this board. I saved the results as documents and tried to simply copy them and post but was unable to do so. Please help. Thanks.

Expert

• 

9.4K Messages

13 years ago

For each tab on the software, you can click the "Save screenshot" button to save a screenshot of that tab.  It gets saved as a PNG graphics file.

On this forum, post a new message to this thread.  Use the Insert Image button in the editor toolbar (it looks like this: ) which will ask you for the filename to upload.

You can insert multiple images into the same post by using this button more than once.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

13 years ago

rd error table.pngrd bitloading.pngrd ip profile.png

3 Attachments

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

13 years ago

I'll try the coax again but I couldn't really access it like the others.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

13 years ago

There's a glitch in running the coax so I copied what I could:

Detailed Wireless AP Statistics
Packets transmitted:1630484
Packets received:761837
Bytes transmitted:2289022645
Bytes received:91534568
Error packets transmitted:2
Error packets received:0
Discards transmitted:15
Discards received:0
HomePNA Network (Coax)
Firmware Version:D-UCv1-9-2-20090217-ATT.bin
Firmware Signature:8182d9128bd440e3fc7677367fc25598
HPNA Physical Link:DOWN
Network Mode:SYNCHRONOUS

NodeID MTU Mac Address
HPNA Network Performance Management Data

Data Collection Time:

HPNA Network Current Multicast Rate (Mbps): 0

Station to Station HPNA PerformancePHY Rate (Mbps)SNR (dB)Rx Power Level - dBPacket Error
HPNA Statistics

Mac Address
HPNA Firmware (C=coax, T=TP)
HPNA Version
Master

Interval from 23:29 to 23:44
Short Tx Pkt
Short Rx Pkt
CRC Errors Rx
Dropped Tx
Dropped Rx
Tx Error %
Rx Error %
Frames Tx
Frames Rx
Bytes Tx
Bytes Rx
Unicast Tx
Unicast Rx
Multicast Tx
Multicast Rx
Local Ctrl Requests
Local Ctrl Replies
Remote Ctrl Requests
Remote Ctrl Replies

Interval from 23:14 to 23:29
Short Tx Pkt
Short Rx Pkt
CRC Errors Rx
Dropped Tx
Dropped Rx
Tx Error %
Rx Error %
Frames Tx
Frames Rx
Bytes Tx
Bytes Rx
Unicast Tx
Unicast Rx
Multicast Tx
Multicast Rx
Local Ctrl Requests
Local Ctrl Replies
Remote Ctrl Requests
Remote Ctrl Replies

Station ID
Local (Coax)
c0:83:0a:ca:97:49
C
1.9.2 Cv1-9-2-20090217

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

13 years ago

Thanks for your help in posting the results of the scan. Also, my TV and Internet have both been working fine yesterday and today but  I'm still afraid that it'll freeze. Guess I'm gun shy.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

13 years ago

Shortly after I posted my last entry, I lost Internet connection and a little later regained it. Oh brother!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.