baseballisback's profile
ACE - Professor

ACE - Professor

• 

7.7K Messages

Wednesday, July 20th, 2016 12:27 AM

U-Verse Programming Notices for July

Notice Appearing in USA today on July 19, 2016

AT&T's contracts with programmers for the content displayed on U-verse TV service periodically expire, or may be terminated, but are usually re-negotiated or extended with no interruption or change for our U-verse members. Additionally, from time to time it is necessary to change channel line-ups as well as television package contents. The programming changes set forth below may occur as follows:

June 2016:

Effective June 28, 2016, WLAE New Orleans, LA on channel 32 (SD) and 1032 (HD) the guide will reflect the station programming change from PBS to IND.

August 2016:

As previously noticed, AT&T's contract with the programmer for the following channels is set to expire. While these channels will continue to be available to U-verse members so long as AT&T has the rights to carry them, if a reasonable agreement cannot be reached with the programmer the programming will no longer be available. AT&T may modify the channel location for the programming by moving them from their current channel location to a channel between 9501 – 9599, and if a reasonable longer term agreement cannot be reached with the programmers, we may lose the rights to carry them (listed in alphabetical order) in or after August 2016: CentroAmerica TV (channel 3044), HITN (channel 3055), Pasiones (channel 3018), TV Dominicana (channel 3047), and Wapa (channel 3013).

Effective August 1, 2016, VH1 Classic (VH1C) on U-verse channel 520 and VH1 Classic - West (VH1C-W) on U-verse channel 521 will rebrand to MTV Classic (MTVC) and MTV Classic - West (MTVC-W).

September 2016:

AT&T's contract with the programmer for the following channels is set to expire. While these channels will continue to be available to U-verse members so long as AT&T has the rights to carry them, if a reasonable agreement cannot be reached with the programmer the programming will no longer be available. AT&T may modify the channel location for the programming by moving them from their current channel location to a channel between 9501 – 9599, and if a reasonable longer term agreement cannot be reached with the programmers, we may lose the rights to carry them (listed in alphabetical order) in or after September 2016: AccuWeather: Weather On Demand (channel 227 and 1227 in HD), NBA TV (channel 632 and 1632 in HD), Outdoor Channel (channel 680 and 1680 in HD), TVE (Television Espanola) (channel 3029), and World Fishing Network HD (channel 1679).

As well as the following local channels:

(1) In Mississippi, in the Biloxi area, WDSU (channel 4 and 1004 in HD) and WNOL (channel 38 and 1038 in HD).

Effective September 7, 2016, AccuWeather: Weather On Demand Application (channel 227/1227) will no longer be available to U-verse customers.

Effective September 9, 2016, MTV Hits on viewer channel 509 will be rebranded Nick Music.

Effective September 12, 2016, WBUW Madison, WI will change from WBUW-55 (THE CW) to WBUW-57 (IND). THE CW will be available on WMTV Madison, WI on channels 22 and 1022.

Award for Community Excellence Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Scholar

• 

267 Messages

8 years ago

I hope that U-verse retains this channel, I use it often!

Effective September 7, 2016, AccuWeather: Weather On Demand Application (channel 227/1227)

chiefdore

ACE - Professor

• 

7.7K Messages

8 years ago

@chiefdore -- Don't count on it. They've been dropping a lot of the apps in order to match DirecTV's lineup. You can always use your internet-connected device to get current weather reports.

Scholar

• 

225 Messages

8 years ago

It's August and  WDSU (channel 4 and 1004 in HD) and WNOL (channel 38 and 1038 in HD) seem to have already disappeared from the lineup on the Mississippi Coast. I think it just happened in the past couple days because I had been watching the Olympics on WDSU. WXXV drives me crazy with their glitches and they would be at least 30 seconds behind WDSU somehow when I would flip between them when I would watch some of the Olympic events. WXXV started doing news again in 2013 and their newscasts haven't gotten any better when it comes to their technical difficulties. Sometimes it feels like watching a public access channel trying to do newcasts on the regular. WDSU had only been back here for a few months and I always wondered what made AT&T start carrying the channel again. I'm sad to see them gone again though.

It's so frustraiting that 2 stations have the rights to air programming from the 4 networks. ABC/CBS is (WLOX) and FOX/NBC is WXXV. 

Scholar

• 

225 Messages

8 years ago

I just realized today when watching something on WXXV that U-verse customers here no longer have a CW option since we got the one out of Louisiana. WXXV has a CW subchannel that's local which used to be WBGP and used to be associated with CableOne (they still have it as a digital channel) and the wiki says it can be received OTA too for people that can actually receive it that way. I'm guessing if AT&T doesn't find a way to add a CW affiliate to the lineup here they are going to get some complaints when they start airing new episodes of their Fall programming. In  Jan of 2015 WXXV took over promotional and advertising responsibilities from CableOne so that's how it became one of their subchannels and they heavily promote it on their FOX and NBC channels.

Guru

• 

622 Messages

8 years ago

I am under the impression that "we can't get CW because it's on a subchannel and U-Verse only shows subchannels that have ABC / CBS / NBC / Fox programming" is an existing problem in multiple areas.

Scholar

• 

225 Messages

8 years ago

I didn't say it wasn't. This area has been used to having a CW channel in their U-verse lineup for quite awhile though so it will be interesting to see if not having one becomes an issue here or not. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

AT&T is missing a huge chun k of ioncome by noit opening up NFL Sunday Ticket to Uverse vice Direct TV onlt.

ACE - Professor

• 

7.7K Messages

8 years ago

@pauliek wrote:

AT&T is missing a huge chun k of ioncome by noit opening up NFL Sunday Ticket to Uverse vice Direct TV onlt.

The contract there is between DirecTV and the NFL. When Sirius and XM merged, it took years for the channel lineups to be consolidated. I would expect the same with DirecTV and AT&T.

Scholar

• 

225 Messages

8 years ago

Today really made me miss WDSU. WXXV aired the NASCAR race for an hour with no sound apparently. I was able to switch and watch through the NBC Sports app my Amazon Fire TV has on it. Is the FCC who people can report stations to or is that even possible?

What's weird is that when WXXV-NBC has issues WXXV-FOX will be fine then vise versa when the FOX feed has issues. The annoying thing about WXXV-FOX is they air primetime shows in SD on their HD channel way to often. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.