COMMID2323's profile

• 

1 Message

Monday, July 14th, 2014 4:22 PM

U-VERSE needs to add the NFL SUNDAY TICKET FOR 2014 SEASON NOW!!!

How soon will UVERSE customers be able to order NFL SUNDAY TICKET 2014

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

10 years ago

Considering it's a Direct TV exclusive, it probably won't happen anytime in the near future, even if the proposed merger happens I wouldn't look for that to happen anytime in the next 4 or 5 years.

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

10 years ago

@oufanindallas wrote:

Considering it's a Direct TV exclusive, it probably won't happen anytime in the near future, even if the proposed merger happens I wouldn't look for that to happen anytime in the next 4 or 5 years.

The current exclusive agreement between the NFL and Direct TV ends after this upcoming football season. There is always the possibility of the exclusiveness ending with a new contract starting after the 2014 season.

Here is an article from March 6, 2013, that indicates the length of the current contract.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000147449/article/could-directv-walk-away-from-nfl-sunday-ticket

The other possibility is if the merger between AT&T and Direct TV actually takes place, NFL Sunday ticket could also be a part of the U-Verse lineup as part of the agreement. That is only conjecture on my part. I thought that I had read that one roadblock for the merger would be if Direct TV loses the NFL Sunday ticket exclusitivity.

In addition, if the proposed merger between AT&T and Direct TV actually takes place, it would be after this upcoming football season, the last year for Direct TV exclusiveness on the current contract. By then (2015 and after), NFL Sunday ticket could be offered to all providers.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

I saw the first commercial on AT&T owning Direct TV this morning. Any news on universe customers being able to get Sunday Ticket.

Guru

• 

622 Messages

9 years ago

@Corkwood wrote:
I saw the first commercial on AT&T owning Direct TV this morning. Any news on universe customers being able to get Sunday Ticket.

I think somebody else posted something about there not being any plans to "unify" the DirecTV and U-Verse lineups, so I am assuming that Sunday Ticket will not be available on U-Verse any time soon.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

9 years ago

@Corkwood wrote:

AT the beginning of the merger process, ATT announced that NFLSNT will NOT be coming to Uverse after the merger. Smiley Surprised

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(billing and all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

• 

25.7K Messages

9 years ago

The new head of Directv said that the goal was for unified channel line ups but it would probably take 2/3 years to accomplish.

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

9 years ago

Beany, thank you for the news. I did not hear anything about the new head of DirecTV saying that they are planning on unifying the channel lineups of DirecTV and Uverse until I saw your post. Can you post a link to the article you saw this news on?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.