sachinsharma's profile

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

Sunday, December 30th, 2012 2:18 AM

U-200 channels do not fill screen

I have a 46" Sony Bravia HDTV. I upgraded my U-verse family pack to  U-verse 200 pack service a couple days ago. Now i got a issue after upgrading. While all the ATT uverse channels like 800 show case and others ATT channels expand to fill the screen, but all the real channels are letterboxed such that i need to select "zoom" on the tv format to expand it full screen.

Is there a simple setting that will correct the problem so I do no need to select the "zoom" setting to get the picture full screen with channels?  Since I don't have the problem with ATT Uverse show case channels like 300 & 800, I assume the issue is with U-Verse and not the tv. 

I tried some options like

MENU > OPTIONS > SYSTEM OPTIONS > ASPECT RATIO to 720 & 1080i but it didn't work. I am using HDMI cable to coonect to TV.

Thanks for any help!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Guru

• 

428 Messages

11 years ago

Any channels under 1000 are standard definition. If you don't pay for high def, then the bars are expected since its a HDTV without HD programming. To make this a bit better on SD, press the bottom right button on your remote for Zoom. Scroll down to zoom and adjust to your liking.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

Set Zoom for Stretch for the SD channels. You should add the HD package, because you are really missing out on why you have the HD set.

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

11 years ago

If you do not have the HD service and are watching channels that start with 1000 then you aren't watching an HD channel rather you are watching SD regardless what type of TV you have.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

11 years ago

yeah i dont have HD servic. issue is "channels do not fill screen" which were working fine with uverse family pack before upgrade.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

11 years ago

sachinsharma -
The "standard" aspect setting should match the TV. So, if the Sony is 720 set the STB aspect to that. The TV setting should be standard or full.

But, on SD channels this will give you black bars on the side of the picture. If you want to get rid of them you have to experiment with the
zoom settings on the STB or the TV.

You can also try the SD widescreen setting on he STB.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

11 years ago

thanks to all of you for reply.

I tried all permutation & combination but did not work.

now i set Zoom to Stretch for the SD channels & its fill the screen to full but quality is not good 😞

I'll switch to HD somtime in future.

BUT i am still amazed why all earlier channels which were not HD working fine for me.

thanks.

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

It depends on the format that they are pushing the show. This explains about "Active Format Description" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Active_Format_Descriptor why you got 16:9 on some SD programming.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.