ATTU-verseCare's profile
Community Support

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

Thursday, January 28th, 2016 7:11 PM

Closed

Streaming Apps: Troubleshooting and Tips

Let’s be real. Everyone is streaming apps to watch their favorite shows and movies these days. We all do. It is a big part of our digital lives! We want to share a few things with you that will improve your streaming experience.

Slide4.JPG

When you stream, we recommend a plan that will support streaming. 6mbps and above are recommended.

Run a Speed Test to test your connection:

• Test hardwired if possible - Hardwired is not as susceptible to outside interferences as wireless. Speed tests should matchup with your plan.
  • Test with a single active device - Extra devices consume the shared bandwidth.
  • Test each device - Not all devices operate the same.
  • Test your distance - Wireless weakens over distance. Test in different parts of your home.

Slide5.JPG

• If connecting wireless, there are several things that can be done to improve the signal, such as:
    • Changing the Wireless Channel (learn more about changing your Wireless Channel for NVG/Motorola and 2Wire/Pace here).
    • Removing Environmental Interference: Speakers and other electronics can impact speeds.
  • Reducing the number of devices - The more devices connected, the slower speeds can be.
  • Updating your plan - Have extra bandwidth to compensate for X-factors (additional devices, streams requiring more bandwidth).

Slide6.JPG

• Scan for viruses.
  • Close all programs you are not using.
  • Clear your browser’s cache/cookies.
  • Make sure the Network Adapter is functioning properly (updated drivers).
  • Disable hardware acceleration for older computers/internet devices.
  • Reduce internet device’s memory usage  to have memory available for streaming.
  • Use our Smart Home Manager App to test and optimize your connection.

If you have trouble with the HBO Max app, ESPN+ or other network provided apps, the above information may help. We recommend contacting that network to troubleshoot further.

NoteIn some instances, the servers the content is on can be an issue. For example, some videos on YouTube may stream fine while others take time to load. Also, some streaming services like Netflix may stream great while another streaming service may not. This is an item beyond AT&T's control. Test your speeds, if they are with testing parameters, this issue may lie with that streaming service. If you plan is not meeting the plan requirements, check out the Improve Slow Speed section of Wi-Fi Troubleshooting Hub.

If you have any issues concerning your streaming application, please send us a detailed message by clicking here. Be sure to include your name, account number, your internet plan, wired & wireless tests, and let us know how many devices are connected at one-time. 

Happy Streaming!!

-ATTU-verseCare

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Still need help? Ask a question! Our 1.4 million members typically respond within 1 hour.

3 Attachments

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

8 years ago

Troubleshooting your Streaming Applications

Use the power of our Smart Home Manager App to test and optimize your connection.

-ATTU-verseCare

(edited)

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I'm supposed to be able to watch the History channel app on my firetv with my AT&T Uverse, but it keeps giving me a "NoAuthz" message and won't let me watch...

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I am unable to sign in to HBO go, showtime anytime, etc. It says that  i am not authorized and I do not have that service. Which I do. I pay for the premium channels. How can you fix this?

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

7 years ago

Hi @mkuriluk,

Check out this article, it may help with the HBO streaming issues you are having. 

ATTU-verseCare

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

YouTube videos buffer excessively. On gigapower. This should not be happening on a service I pay so much for.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I’m having the same issue but don’t see the article.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I am having this exact same issue with Showtime and Starz. Can you please repost the article as I cannot see it on this reply .

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

My streaming on LTE on Live TV, On Demand, Netflix, Hulu, HBO GO, Showtime Anytime always work great! When streaming my recorded shows though, it takes forever for the blue uploading circle indicator to finish and the program to start. Also, once it does start, it starts for a few minutes then freezes for a few minutes and keeps repeating this. Its been doing this for weeks but it used to work great all the time. I have reset the Genie 54, bought a new router, Reinstalled the DTV App, Reset the modem, router and iphone in sequential order, etc. etc. and nothing fixes it!!! Also, if its in the middle of a program and freezes and doesnt come back, a message appears saying Network Problem. I reset the iPhone and look at my playlist and try to restart the program once the green arrows appear again but the program just takes forever to upload and starts and stops repeatedly again. Nothing I do fixes it and it used to work great all the time!!! Does anyone have this problem and how did it start?!?!?! Please Help! 🤬

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.