Helpful Links

This set top box does not match the account settings on wireless receiver

Contributor

This set top box does not match the account settings on wireless receiver

My husband confessed that the lights on the receiver were bugging him one night so he covered them up. Now this tv has this message when we try to turn it on:

"This set top box does not match the account settings on wireless receiver"

Is there a way to trouble shoot this? 

Message 7 of 144
Highlighted
Employee

Re: This set top box does not match the account settings on wireless receiver

MusuperfanKC, your wireless receivers are misconfigured (dirty) and need to be scrubbed clean.

A tech (service visit) or tier 2 rep (phone or chat) can do this. Both boxes need to be unplugged, on the bottom of receiver is a GUI (long number) that will be needed to identify receiver, when instructed plug just the receiver in that gave number for, when that one is connected, can then do other.

Your choice 4 hour appointment window, or time on phone , or chat.

If these have not been activated yet....
When screen comes up, depress OK on receiver, depress button on WAP, when the screen at receiver says try again,
Depress OK button (remote or on stb) another screen for update, depress OK give about 10 minutes to load, reboot when checking depress menu to verify recordings, if no recordings menu not finished booting.

Set aspect ratio MENU, OPTIONS, etc.

should take about 20 minutes per receiver.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 16 of 144
Contributor

Re: "This set top box does not match the account settings" error (Yes, I messed up)

Hi Morgan, I did the same thing, can you point me to the process of getting the error cleared? My box is connected now with the error on my TV

Message 17 of 144
Employee

Re: "This set top box does not match the account settings" error (Yes, I messed up)

Hi @gman1972 

Sure I'll be glad to help you with this issue. I was able to clear out the error code for you so, if you could unplug then replug the new receiver, it should be able to run through the update now! Smiley Happy

- MorganCS
- ATTU-verseCare

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 18 of 144
Contributor

WHOOHOO....

That did it thanks...

Giuliano G. Mangiore
Message 19 of 144
Contributor

I have a wired receiver and it's not working.  We moved and we had our service moved but when they installed it at the new location they didnt transfer the address.  Wifi and Cable worked for a month but then it cut out and nobody could help, tech support couldnt help and technicians couldnt either.  Finally I was able to have someone register my wifi so it now works but now my uverse cable does not work and it tells me that the set top box does not match the account settings on the receiver.

HELP!

Message 20 of 144
Contributor

I getting the msg account unavailable this set box does not match the account settings
Message 21 of 144
Community Support

Hi @Chota1953 

I'm sorry to hear that your box is displaying that error message but, we'll be glad to help you get the box properly provisioned. I'm going to send you a Private Message that will land in your inbox and we will move forward from there. Thank you! Smiley Happy

- MorganCS
- ATTU-verseCare

Need more help? Feel free to search the AT&T Community for great answers. You can also get immediate troubleshooting steps from the myAT&T app. Simply login, scroll and click Fix it Now! Support Tools. You can also reach out to our Chat Support 24/7.

Employee Contributor*
Message 22 of 144
Contributor

Morgan, I'm having the same problem and would like to get the box properly provisioned.  Can you help please?  Thanks!

Message 23 of 144
Community Support

Hi @kvaughn0610 

I'm sorry to hear that you're also seeing this Unprovisioned error but, I'll be glad to help you resolve this issue. I'm going to send you a Private Message that will land in your inbox to gather your account info and get this straightened out. Thank you! Smiley Happy

- MorganCS
- ATTU-verseCare

Need more help? Feel free to search the AT&T Community for great answers. You can also get immediate troubleshooting steps from the myAT&T app. Simply login, scroll and click Fix it Now! Support Tools. You can also reach out to our Chat Support 24/7.

Employee Contributor*
Message 24 of 144
Contributor

I'm having this issue too.  This seems to be a popular problem and unfortunately when I call tech support they don't seem to know how to resolve it.

Message 25 of 144
Community Support

Hi @johnanewell 

I'm sorry to hear that the previous support reps couldn't help with this issue but, I'll be glad to help you correct this problem. I'm going to send you a Private Message that will land in your inbox to gather your account info and get this straightened out. Thank you! :smileyhappy:

- MorganCS
- ATTU-verseCare

Employee Contributor*
Message 26 of 144
Contributor

Hello,

I am receiving the same error message. I sent you a PM, can you please assist?

Thank you,

John.

Message 27 of 144
Community Support

Hey @jwaibel10 

We have received your Private Message and we will be glad to help you resolve this issue.

- MorganCS
- ATTU-verseCare

Employee Contributor*
Message 28 of 144
Teacher

I am having this same error "set top box does not match account settings" pop up on my newly installed wireless box. I jumped the shark a day early a few days ago. I hoped that by waiting two days the issue would be resolved when the appropriate date (yesterday) came and passed, but no luck. Looks like quite a few people have dealt with this though!

Thanks in advance!

Message 29 of 144
Community Support

Hi @philip_trick 

I'm sorry to hear that your receiver is showing this error but, I'll be glad to help. I'm going to send you a Private Message to gather your account info and we'll move forward from there. Thanks! Smiley Happy

- MorganCS
- ATTU-verseCare

Employee Contributor*
Message 30 of 144
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Having service trouble? There is an app for that!

Click here to check it out or text myATT to 8758 to download the app. You can quickly and easily resolve your service woes!

Do you need to contact us? Chat with us!

Additional Support