For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Marcwest712's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, February 10th, 2016 3:39 PM

The weather channel

When I lived in Orange County, ca, I had cox cable . The weather Channel provided local weather for irvine and near by cities in the crawler. It included traffic reports. The local on the 8s was for Irvine with the radar report. Now I have AT&T and I added temecula but the only report i can find is local when I select ok. The crawler is other areas in the states. The time is all time zones. Are there settings for local only?

Guru

• 

622 Messages

8 years ago

I don't think so.  It's the nature of U-Verse's handling of non-local channels.  I'm not quite sure how "normal" cable companies like Cox or Xfinity do it, but there's no easy way for U-Verse to be able to supply you with The Weather Channel's local weather/traffic information in the crawl.

Scholar

• 

267 Messages

8 years ago

Look in the SD ( standard def. ) section of your guide.  In San Diego it's chnl 227.

It's called " Weather on Demand "..  ( AccuWeather ) 

chiefdore

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

8 years ago

@Marcwest712 This has been one of the top requests / concerns since I first got U-Verse almost 8 years ago.  That said, if you go to 225/1225, local forecast tools should pop out in the upper right.  That is better than nothing as it has current conditions and five day forecast but I no longer see the radar(?).

@That Don Guy - The Weather Channel told some curious subscribers that AT&T would need to purchase some equipment (Weather star?) for LOT8's but that never happened.

Scholar

• 

267 Messages

8 years ago

@dhascall wrote:

@Marcwest712 This has been one of the top requests / concerns since I first got U-Verse almost 8 years ago.  That said, if you go to 225/1225, local forecast tools should pop out in the upper right.  That is better than nothing as it has current conditions and five day forecast but I no longer see the radar(?).

@That Don Guy - The Weather Channel told some curious subscribers that AT&T would need to purchase some equipment (Weather star?) for LOT8's but that never happened.

1225/225 are put out by " The Weather Channel ".  In San Diego 227 is put out by AccuWeather and is completely different.  It gives weather at your location and a bunch of other stuff.  "Weather on Demand " It has no HD channel.

chiefdore

Scholar

• 

267 Messages

8 years ago

227 might be nation wide.  Here's Jeffers comment from another thread:

View profile
Oct 1, 2015 4:38:55 AM

( 2)

ACE - Expert

The only two weather channels are The Weather Channel (225/1225) and the Weather on Demand app (227).  The Weather Channel has an App that gets launched at that channel that provides some additional local information.

No, the Local on the 8s does not function as it does on a local cable system.  The Weather Channel is broadcast for the entire country from the single NVHO, so everyone gets the same live feed.  There is no local insertion gear at the local VHO like there could be at a local Cable Headend.

chiefdore

1 Attachment

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

8 years ago

@chiefdore wrote:

@dhascall wrote:

1225/225 are put out by " The Weather Channel ".  In San Diego 227 is put out by AccuWeather and is completely different.  It gives weather at your location and a bunch of other stuff.  "Weather on Demand " It has no HD channel.

chiefdore

Right.  I understand about 227 but since the OP asked about LOT8's, I was only replying on the Weather Channel.  I'm really surprised that they kept 227 around, since going to what many have described as Local on the 8's Lite, on 225/1225./

ACE - Professor

• 

7.7K Messages

8 years ago

In this day and age, with laptops, mobile internet, etc... does anyone really need Local on the 8s?

I can go on my phone and get the Weather Channel app whenever. I can go to my search bar and type "Weather 12345" where that is whatever zip code I choose and the weather pops right up.

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

8 years ago

@baseballisback wrote:

In this day and age, with laptops, mobile internet, etc... does anyone really need Local on the 8s?

I can go on my phone and get the Weather Channel app whenever. I can go to my search bar and type "Weather 12345" where that is whatever zip code I choose and the weather pops right up.

I actually would.  Just when my wife asks if rain is moving in, my phone and tablet are downstairs.  My wife was in the hospital a few times, late last year.  We actually watched LOT8's once or twice (and used Music Choice too, lol).

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

8 years ago

@dhascall wrote:

To 'localize' it like on 'cable', units would have to be in VRADs handling IPTV, not the current RF for 'cable'.  Might not work in Uverse VHOs, would possibly have an addressing nighmare for localization-the big deal about lot8s.  Due to this, ATT said no thanks. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(billing and all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.