Linda661's profile

Scholar

• 

247 Messages

Monday, October 25th, 2010 2:29 AM

The music is too loud

I'm not sure where this question belongs, but I always get help so I'm putting it here.

More and more lately, the background music on my tv shows is getting very loud.  Sometimes I can hardly hear what the actors are saying.  I did a search on the web and see many people are complaining and some have been given advice on adjusting the tv.  I'm using an old tv ion the bedroom so I wonder if there is a setting in the DVR to bring the backgound noise down.

I love music, but would be happy if there wasn't any when I'm watching TV. 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

13 years ago

@Linda661 wrote:

I'm not sure where this question belongs, but I always get help so I'm putting it here.

More and more lately, the background music on my tv shows is getting very loud.  Sometimes I can hardly hear what the actors are saying.  I did a search on the web and see many people are complaining and some have been given advice on adjusting the tv.  I'm using an old tv ion the bedroom so I wonder if there is a setting in the DVR to bring the backgound noise down.

I love music, but would be happy if there wasn't any when I'm watching TV. 

Linda;

This sounds like either a setting on your TV OR something is going awry in the TV itself.  I have a 10 year old Mitsubishi projection TV that has some kind of automatic noise level setting.  I never could get the setting just right and finally gave up and used an AV receiver for the sound.  Using the TV speakers, the background music, dramatic music and special effects were so (unnaturally) loud that you would jump when you heard it.

Is it a stereo TV?  If so, check "balance" controls or any other controls relating to sound or volume.

The TV could also be having some problems.  Radio's frequently have jumpy volumes if they are having trouble.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

23.3K Messages

13 years ago

@mmullins_98 wrote:

My TVs background sounds were too loud until I went into the TVs Menu, Audio and turned off "Surround Sound".  I don't have external speakers so the surround sound just coming out of the TVs speakers amplified the background too much.

That is what I was going to suggest.  If the tv has surround sound mode, make sure it is turned off. 

• 

25.7K Messages

13 years ago

No adjustments on the DVR or STB except "stereo" or "surround sound".  I have adjustments on my Sony XBR that I used to bring the voice volume up but not sure if you have these type adjustments.  Check your TV in the menu>audio.

Scholar

• 

124 Messages

13 years ago

My TVs background sounds were too loud until I went into the TVs Menu, Audio and turned off "Surround Sound".  I don't have external speakers so the surround sound just coming out of the TVs speakers amplified the background too much.

Scholar

• 

247 Messages

13 years ago

My TV does not have any audio outs,  so I've been running the audio from the stb to a small amp with external speakers because the stb audio has always been too low.  I'll tyy to find the remote for the tv and see if there are any internal options for the audio.

thanks all

Expert

• 

23.3K Messages

13 years ago

@Linda661 wrote:

My TV does not have any audio outs,  so I've been running the audio from the stb to a small amp with external speakers because the stb audio has always been too low.  I'll tyy to find the remote for the tv and see if there are any internal options for the audio.

thanks all

If that is the case your tv's audio settings wouldn't affect what you hear.  Check and see if your amp has a surround switch or setting.  What input are you running the audio from the stb to the amp to?

Scholar

• 

247 Messages

13 years ago

Audio out from the stb box to Tuner in on the amp.  I only have a choice of tuner, tape or phono.

Scholar

• 

124 Messages

13 years ago

Make sure you select stereo instead of surround sound in your STB.

Expert

• 

23.3K Messages

13 years ago

@Linda661 wrote:

Audio out from the stb box to Tuner in on the amp.  I only have a choice of tuner, tape or phono.

The problem is not with your amp.  Check the setting on the stb as suggested.

Guru

• 

814 Messages

13 years ago

At least the rent is not too D A NM high!! LMAO @ this guy!!!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.