mns96's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Wednesday, July 19th, 2017 12:47 AM

Closed

The CW channel on U-verse

I just had U-verse installed in the Clinton, MS area.  I was trying to watch the Flash and discovered The CW channel is not in this area.  Any idea why?

This conversation has been merged. Please refer the main conversation:

CW channel

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

7 years ago

According to the CW-TV website, The CW is carried in zipcode 39056 on WJTV and is a sub-channel (12.2).  Uverse does not carry sub-channels in most markets.

Expert

• 

15K Messages

7 years ago

Assuming there is actually a CW channel in your broadcasting area maybe that channel couldn't come into agreement for re-transmission on uverse.  If the channel is too far from your location uverse may not consider it "local" and not carry it.

If I did the research right your WRBJ channel 34 is the closest The CW station.  And it isn't that close.  But you might be able to get it with a descent OTA antenna.

Contributor

• 

6 Messages

6 years ago

How may I get the channel for the CW in my area ? 30809. Augusta , Ga
They ad for the news and Dynasty on WJBW on the CW?

Expert

• 

15K Messages

6 years ago

WJBW appears to be a Florida radio station advertising for a local to them.

I checked your zip on tvfool.com.  You are in a "bad" location when it comes to local tv stations even using an antenna.   It looks like CBC, NBC, and ABC may be considered "local".  CW is about 117 miles away and definitely not local, not even for an antenna.

Below is the tvfool.com data for your zip assuming an antenna 15 feet above ground level.

tvfool for 30809.png

1 Attachment

Contributor

• 

6 Messages

6 years ago

Sorry typo WJBF channel 6 augusta, ga.
They have nightly news on the CW. Also Dynasty is going to be on the CW.
I need to locate on my TV.
Thanks.

Contributor

• 

6 Messages

6 years ago

We found a great new show - Life Sentence - on Apple ITunes. Produced by CW. Would like to record new episodes. But can’t find that channel on U-verse. Please advise. 

Guru

• 

622 Messages

6 years ago

What is your ZIP Code?

ACE - Professor

• 

7.6K Messages

6 years ago

One of two things going on:

If the CW is a subchannel (such as 4.1 or 19.1), then it won't be on U-Verse. U-Verse very rarely carries subchannels.

If not, it's probably a dispute between AT&T and the channel owner and will return in due time.

Contributor

• 

6 Messages

6 years ago

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

6 years ago

@Rsikkelee  Are getting the Detroit feed of the CW?  It shows HERE  that it's available on 50/1050.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.