Explore & discover

Helpful Links

The CW channel on U-verse

Highlighted
Tutor

The CW channel on U-verse

I just had U-verse installed in the Clinton, MS area.  I was trying to watch the Flash and discovered The CW channel is not in this area.  Any idea why?

Message 1 of 15
ACE - Expert

Re: The CW channel on U-verse

Assuming there is actually a CW channel in your broadcasting area maybe that channel couldn't come into agreement for re-transmission on uverse.  If the channel is too far from your location uverse may not consider it "local" and not carry it.

If I did the research right your WRBJ channel 34 is the closest The CW station.  And it isn't that close.  But you might be able to get it with a descent OTA antenna.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 15
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Expert (ACE - Expert)
Accepted by skeeterintexas
‎07-18-2017 8:47 PM

According to the CW-TV website, The CW is carried in zipcode 39056 on WJTV and is a sub-channel (12.2).  Uverse does not carry sub-channels in most markets.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 3 of 15
Contributor

How may I get the channel for the CW in my area ? 30809. Augusta , Ga
They ad for the news and Dynasty on WJBW on the CW?
Message 4 of 15
ACE - Expert

WJBW appears to be a Florida radio station advertising for a local to them.

I checked your zip on tvfool.com.  You are in a "bad" location when it comes to local tv stations even using an antenna.   It looks like CBC, NBC, and ABC may be considered "local".  CW is about 117 miles away and definitely not local, not even for an antenna.

Below is the tvfool.com data for your zip assuming an antenna 15 feet above ground level.

tvfool for 30809.png

Message 5 of 15
Contributor

Sorry typo WJBF channel 6 augusta, ga.
They have nightly news on the CW. Also Dynasty is going to be on the CW.
I need to locate on my TV.
Thanks.
Message 6 of 15
Contributor

We found a great new show - Life Sentence - on Apple ITunes. Produced by CW. Would like to record new episodes. But can’t find that channel on U-verse. Please advise. 

Message 7 of 15

What is your ZIP Code?

Message 8 of 15
ACE - Professor

One of two things going on:

If the CW is a subchannel (such as 4.1 or 19.1), then it won't be on U-Verse. U-Verse very rarely carries subchannels.

If not, it's probably a dispute between AT&T and the channel owner and will return in due time.

Message 9 of 15
Contributor

Message 10 of 15
ACE - Expert

@Rsikkelee  Are getting the Detroit feed of the CW?  It shows HERE  that it's available on 50/1050.

Message 11 of 15
Contributor

My guide also shows the CW is 50/1050. But that station is our local WKBD. We don’t get the CW shows we want to view. For instance, we want to watch a very good new CW show, “Life Sentence”, but cannot find it to record or view.
Message 12 of 15

It is not scheduled to be on again until Friday 4/27 at 9 PM, according to the CW website.  Wait until Sunday 4/15, then check the guide to see if it shows up.

Message 13 of 15
Tutor

I heard about U-verse not carrying sub-channels which the CW is one in the
Jackson, MS area. My question is why because all the other carriers have
it. I know ATT could do it if they wanted to. Being a retiree it is very
frustrating. I want to use the ATT product but they don't make it easy.
Message 14 of 15
Tutor

Message 15 of 15
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support