suzmcmike's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, September 7th, 2018 12:45 AM

The CW channel is no longer available in Reno, NV?

Channel 1046 used to be our local CW channel. It has been dropped from the lineup with no explanation. Is this a permanent situation?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

15K Messages

6 years ago

Actually it's not really a sub-channel problem (at the moment anyhow).  Reno, NV CW channel [10]46 was carried on KRNS.  According to the August 2018 programming notifications,

In addition, Reno, NV area KRNS (channel 46 and 1046 in HD) is changing its affiliation from CW to IND on 9/1/2018. KRNS will be removed on or before 9/20/2018.

This is probably due to the station repacking currently going on as involved stations look for a new "home".  Since it's going independent I have no idea what the future holds for carrying CW in your area.  FWIW KRNS is moving from RF46 to RF18 (note I said RF not virtual channel) so it's almost certainly being moved due to repacking.

Expert

• 

15K Messages

6 years ago

Well if that is the case then yes, as far as uverse is concerned the CW is toast.  Of course there have been exceptions for some channels in some locations in the past.  Oh well, there's always the possibility of using an antenna and not worrying about anything uverse does or doesn't do with the locals.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Teacher

• 

32 Messages

5 years ago

The CW was dropped from my channel lineup, with no warning.  How many more channels will get dropped before It's time to cancel DirecTVnow?

Did the  people who have satellite DirecTV lose the CW as  well?  If not, why was it dropped from DirecTVNow?

No chat, no phone support, are they really hoping to get  more customers, when the existing customers have nothing good to say about DirecTVNow. The DVR is in beta, and it does not work correctly, and it can't record HBO, or any pay channels, yet the people who have a DirecTV DVr can record everything. So DirecTVNow and DirecTV have nothing in common, except for the name. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

CW Reno now fall's under KOLO-TV the ABC station and located CH 8.3. The reason it's not there is part of a dispute ATT is having there parent owners who own many stations across America. They want more money to carry them on there platform that includes CH 8 and all of The sub channels. The easy way to get them is go to Best Buy or Wal Mart and buy an antenna that goes in your window rescan your set and you'll be amazed how many channels you will get, including some you won't get on ATT

Teacher

• 

32 Messages

4 years ago

I already have a rather large TV antenna up on a 40 foot tower. the antenna
is at 45 feet, and yes, i do get the CW, and many other channels. I record
some of them on a Amazon Recast.

AT&T DirectTVNow service is slow, and subject to many problems. We keep it
because it is way cheaper than going back to Satellite TV.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.