Grammi6's profile

Teacher

• 

38 Messages

Friday, May 26th, 2017 8:22 PM

TV picture too large

I've had this problem before but it's worse this time. The heads of the actors take up half the screen or they are cut off from the eyebrows up. An AT&T tech just left and pretty much said that's just the way it is. He checked all the aspect ratios on all 3 TV's and said they are correct. He installed a new gateway, not that it made any difference. I was sure he would replace the receiver or DVR but he didn't. I have shows recorded that I watched last week that were in the correct proportions and now there's very little background and their heads are huge. I am so frustrated with this problem. Any other ideas?

Teacher

• 

38 Messages

7 years ago

No I haven't tried component cables.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

7 years ago

Here's your pic from last year:
TooLarge.JPG

I'd try component cables before I asked for a new DVR and lost all my recordings.  But then again, I have a tub'o'cables in the garage.

1 Attachment

Teacher

• 

38 Messages

7 years ago

The same way again, even on the same program NBC

I just took pictures on NBC CW and STARZ which are worse. I wish I could post them.

I didn't remember about trying the component cables. We have so many issues with Uverse I can't keep them separate. Not being sarcastic, just a fact.

Teacher

• 

38 Messages

7 years ago

I still have a year warranty on the TV so I'll call the Geeks and see if it's the TV this time.

Teacher

• 

38 Messages

7 years ago

FullSizeRender-3.jpgSTARZFullSizeRender-4.jpgCWFullSizeRender-5.jpgNBC

3 Attachments

Expert

• 

15K Messages

7 years ago

@Grammi6:  I'll await your component cable test.

But something bothers me about these pictures (and why I wanted to see actual pictures).  In the picture that @skeeterintexas posted which he says is yours from last year plainly shows the NBC "bug" (logo) at the bottom left.  The CW picture you posted above shows the CW "bug" is also completely shown at the bottom (albeit on the right, different stations put them in different positions). In both those examples the bugs look to me as if they are in their correct position a little above the bottom.  And that's what bothers me.  If those pictures where actually zoomed larger I would expect the zooming to be symmetric, i.e., in all directions.  Thus I would expect the bugs should be much closer to the bottom and/or cut off.  Similarly moved toward their respective screen edge.  So I can't be sure these are two valid examples of your "problem".  Some closeups actually do cut off tops of heads.

Station bugs are not always shown for the other two pictures so the verdict is out on your STARZ and NBC examples.

You say you have a warranty on the TV.  Well you might as well use it.  But try those component cables first.

Teacher

• 

38 Messages

7 years ago

I will try the cables, make an appt with the Geek Squad and pray for a miracle. It's just strange that it will go back to normal then happen again. I have recordings that I've watched several times and everyone's head didn't take up half the screen. But they do now. Thanks to all of you for trying to help me.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.