Chemtate2's profile

Teacher

• 

4 Messages

Tuesday, October 10th, 2017 7:34 PM

TV connection lost at same time each night

Every night my TV shuts down at exactly 1:01 a.m. while I am watching it . Five minutes later everything comes back on. All the titles recorded on my DVR disappear and then reappear. If I am watching a recording from my DVR, I have to completely restart the recording. It is very aggravating The wiFi signal on my boxes disappear during this time. It happens on all the TVs. Either the network is trying to do an update or the network is downloading copies of my DVR recordings. I have had U-verse techs out three times and had my Gateway replaced three times and my DVR replaced twice to no avail.  I wouldn't mind if this happened at 3 or 4 a.m., but I am usually up watching TV at 1 a.m.

Tutor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I am getting super tired of this. I have had the issue since switching from TWC to AT&T-Uverse. I would switch back if AT&T had not merged with TWC and I am sure its only a matter of time before they ruin that. I would rather pay a higher price and have reliable service then continue on with this. AT&T has replaced my modem and all of my boxes and keep telling me its not their issue. Well ladies and gentlemen, I have never had a service interuption until I signed up with AT&T, so I would have to say it is not the wiring in my house nor do I think it is the hardware since I have had 2 complete different sets. It is possible it is a firmware issue, a software issue or a service issue but regardless AT&T is not delivering a reliable service to its customers. Shame on you AT&T for having horrible customer service.

Scholar

• 

79 Messages

6 years ago

Yeah, right, because all of us have some kind of electrical interference, across the US of A, at the same time every night.

I guess it's aliens.

Scholar

• 

205 Messages

6 years ago

I agree AT&T has gone downhill and customer service is horrible.  On a side note I do not know where you got you information that AT&T bought TWC but my information from the news is Spectrum bought TWC.  

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I am getting the exact same trouble in my wireless receiver but at least once the hard wired one was OK.  I don't know which piece of equipment is called what but I changed out the piece I think I a router because I had a spare one but it made no difference.  Like you, I would prefer this happens at 4AM....

Tutor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I can depend on losing connectivity at 1:01am every morning.  I am in North Texas.  I think this is a power down of the signal by U-verse.  It doesn't always resolve itself until regular business hours.  This is UNACCEPTABLE.   NOT EVERYONE WATCHES TV ONLY DURING PRIME TIME. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

They've admitted they have a log and can see my system is down every night after 1:00 Am.  It can be down over an hour.  It's been going on for several months.   

Scholar

• 

79 Messages

5 years ago

Wow. After about three years of being subscribed to multiple threads on
this same issue that is the FIRST time I've EVER heard AT&T acknowledge
that much. I gave up on them a long time ago on this problem after
countless hours on the phone and on the support forum. I was actually
surprised I was still subscribed to this thread, as I thought I removed
myself from all of them.

So, are they saying it's due to timer-based power fluctuations in your
home? (As if all of us would have the exact same problem at the same time.)

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Had three techs and one supervisor come out. We have one hard-wired box and two boxes connected by WiFi. Usually only the WiFi boxes are effected. They go out almost every night at either a minute or two after 11 PM or around 11:20-ish. It can take ten to forty minutesd for the signal to restore itself no matter whether we reboot, follow all the instructions, or not. The second tech who came out changed the boxes; no difference. First and third guy had no idea what was wrong. The supervisor didn't admit he knew what was wrong, but cryptically said he thought he knew how to fix it, but wouldn't tell us how. After he left the problem disappeared for several months. Now it has come back. We are getting tired of this. My wife is a night owl and this really has put her in a bad mood. We are paying for a service which is defective and appears to bed deliberately short-changing us on service. If my next call to the tech support does not result in a permanent solution we will switch back to Cox Cable. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

crazy! i just did a search bcuz for over 2 years my bedroom tv (second box) cuts out exactly at 11pm for about 3 minutes and then comes back on.  i get the message "uverse signal has been lost". I checked- it doesn't happen on the main tv downstairs. 3 techs came out. the last time i called, they mailed me a new box for my bedroom tv which i had to switch out, box up the old one, and take it to a UPS store. still no change 11pm EVERY NIGHT.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

This is a known issue, as many have explained. You can only resolve this by cancelling att U-verse. Keep in mind that it happens every night at the same time. Hardware failure doesn’t happen at the same time each night. Only if we complain enough will they change their practices. I cancelled my U-verse and att phone along with my phone along with my parents. Maybe after losing $600 per month,  in revenue will they now get the point!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.