Lloydsmi7's profile

Teacher

• 

1 Message

Thursday, March 16th, 2017 9:41 AM

Lost Channels - March 2017

Why should I have to lose the channels that I'm paying for service we need to get this worked out so that we can go back to watching and just some of the program that we were watching

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

My subscription to AT&T will be cancelled tomorrow afternoon.  Most local cable companies are less money and they will pay any penalty fees up to 500.00.  AT&T you SUCK and for me I'm an educated Consumer and I will not play in  your Sandbox

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

Since AT&T purchased Direct TV, they're trying to force their customers to switch to Direct TV. They will eventually be doing away completely with UVerse! Pretty lousy way of doing business.

• 

25.7K Messages

7 years ago

People here need to stop complaining and pick up the telephone. Call providers in your area and see what they have to offer. What do you have to lose? A friend of mine just dumped his AT&T services and moved to Spectrum and he absolutely loves it.  He saved a lot of money and they even paid his $170 early termination fee. My contract is up on May 2 and I've already spoken with Wow and Spectrum. Do it people. You have nothing to lose.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

All of a sudden local fox network is missing.  I was told that ATT dropped it.  

WHY?   The only local news that I watch.

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

7 years ago

@TracyScavone wrote:
Since AT&T purchased Direct TV, they're trying to force their customers to switch to Direct TV. They will eventually be doing away completely with UVerse! Pretty lousy way of doing business.

Where did you get this information?  Oh, yeah, Raycom.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

The fact that ATT did not get their contract with CBS worked out is a violation of the contract with it's customers. We entered into a contract with them for this channel and now it is not available. It is irrelevant that they have 199 other channels, we watch that channel for 91% of our television viewing. If I break my contact with them I am charged a fine or early termination fee. Yet they can not fulfill their end of the contract which included CBS. Most of what we watch is on CBS and it is especially maddening right now because the NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament is broadcast on CBS and we can not watch it when we paid for this. All customers should be given a full refund for every month that CBS is not available to us. They broke their contract with us.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Fox 8 is my major channel especially the 9 pm news as my husband is a contractor & goes to bed early. I have been an AT&T customers for more years than I can remember. You need to do something now about this. Are we going to get a rebate? You will lose many customers doing this. This should have been resolved.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

I suggest you view my comments under  "losing CBS" in this site. I'm beginning to feel that the consumer has become a pawn in a larger financial issue in "free marketing" ploys by both AT&T and RayCom Media. It seems these games have been going on for sometime (ie: comments from 2015 listed on that site). Maybe it's about time that the consumer takes action to get what he pays for rather than become a wedge to be played for what could be viewed as "corporate greed " on both sides. Manipulation of one side against the other seems to be the going trend in both politics and marketing and can only get worse for the citizen and consumer. 'We have your interest in mind", We have your back", "Make America Great Again" BUT please "show me the money!"

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

7 years ago

Two things you can do regardless of which TV station you are missing on uverse. Write to the TV station. Address you comments to the station management and put in writing that you want your letter put in the public file.
Every broadcaster has to maintain a “public file” which can be reviewed by ANYONE during business hours. The FCC also reviews this file when it is license renewal time – which every broadcast station has to do every few years.

The second thing you can do is write the FCC, don’t expect a response but be sure to include details about the station you are writing about. Call letters, address and market. Be sure to tell them you have contacted the station management and when and how.

None of this may work but if enough people do it, it will get the station management’s attention.

You can complain to the FCC about AT&T too, but that will have less affect than writing about the station.

Tutor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

This is not a solution. During previous negotiations between AT&T and Raycom, all programming was air

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.