custom1153's profile

Tutor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, November 1st, 2017 11:26 PM

Closed

TV-Uverse Website Channel Guide is no longer on the AT&T website as of today.

The TV-Uverse Website Channel Guide is no longer on the AT&T website as of today.  What happened to the channel guide.  It was simple and easy to use you could quickly jump on your computer go to the web address verify your IP through AT&T and then bam you could look at all the movies that were going to be playing and set a recording.  Now the web link just takes you to the AT&T mobile app.  This is not a good thing and it would be cool if someone at AT&T could figure out what happened to the online TV guide for Uverse TV.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

6 years ago

It's been retired. Customers can no longer watch U-verse from their computers. 

Mentor

• 

51 Messages

6 years ago

I get that you can no longer watch TV on your computer, but this is stupid that you can't schedule a DVR recording from your computer or look up the guide to see what's on.  It was a lot easier deleting or scheduling a recording using your computer especially if another person in the house was watching something and you couldn't access the DVR to do it.  

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

6 years ago

Totally agree. This suks. I can't believe that a major cable company would not allow their content to be watched on a computer. Company is moving backward not forward. The least they could do was keep the channel guide up so as slingbox users such as myself would have a tv guide.  

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

6 years ago

Apparently AT&T has discontinued online access to the Uverse DVR, without notice, as of 11-1-17.  I initiated a chat from an AT&T website regarding the problem and conversed with several agents, one of which told me it was discontinued because it was "too expensive".  She couldn't explain what that meant.  One of the agents gave me the phone number 800-288-2020.  At that number I spoke with Agent Roddick, who said he had several calls about this, and promised he would call back with the solution within 2 weeks.  In the meantime I will be investigating other TV service providers.

ACE - Expert

• 

34.6K Messages

6 years ago

You can still watch the content on your computer, you just have to visit the channel provider's own website to do so, rather than having all the channels aggregated at one web site.  Try TitanTV for an online channel guide.  For programming your DVR, you'll have to use a TV Receiver or the App for iOS/Android.

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

6 years ago

I will be shocked if they call you back in two weeks with a solution. It was just their way of blowing you off. It's not coming back.....

Tutor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

This is ridiculous. U-Verse is too expensive to not provide this support. Clearly, no one at ATT actually tries to use the mobile apps to search for things and set recordings on the DVR. Probably time to start looking for a new provider.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

Would appreciate if you share what you find!   

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

This like the address book and messages on pc has gone away.  Seems like when ATT has a program customers use they obsolete it or discontinue all support.

Tutor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I agree. I can't believe that they did this. AT&T if you're listening, bring it back!!!
Even just being able to access what the schedule/guide is!!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.