Explore & discover

Helpful Links

TV-Uverse Website Channel Guide is no longer on the AT&T website as of today.

Highlighted

TV-Uverse Website Channel Guide is no longer on the AT&T website as of today.

The TV-Uverse Website Channel Guide is no longer on the AT&T website as of today.  What happened to the channel guide.  It was simple and easy to use you could quickly jump on your computer go to the web address verify your IP through AT&T and then bam you could look at all the movies that were going to be playing and set a recording.  Now the web link just takes you to the AT&T mobile app.  This is not a good thing and it would be cool if someone at AT&T could figure out what happened to the online TV guide for Uverse TV.

Message 1 of 15
ACE - Professor
Solution
Accepted by (Former Employee)
Accepted by beckyww
‎06-01-2018 9:19 AM

Re: TV-Uverse Website Channel Guide is no longer on the AT&T website as of today.

It's been retired. Customers can no longer watch U-verse from their computers. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 15
Mentor

Re: TV-Uverse Website Channel Guide is no longer on the AT&T website as of today.

I get that you can no longer watch TV on your computer, but this is stupid that you can't schedule a DVR recording from your computer or look up the guide to see what's on.  It was a lot easier deleting or scheduling a recording using your computer especially if another person in the house was watching something and you couldn't access the DVR to do it.  

Message 3 of 15
Teacher

Totally agree. This suks. I can't believe that a major cable company would not allow their content to be watched on a computer. Company is moving backward not forward. The least they could do was keep the channel guide up so as slingbox users such as myself would have a tv guide.  

Message 4 of 15
Teacher

Apparently AT&T has discontinued online access to the Uverse DVR, without notice, as of 11-1-17.  I initiated a chat from an AT&T website regarding the problem and conversed with several agents, one of which told me it was discontinued because it was "too expensive".  She couldn't explain what that meant.  One of the agents gave me the phone number 800-288-2020.  At that number I spoke with Agent Roddick, who said he had several calls about this, and promised he would call back with the solution within 2 weeks.  In the meantime I will be investigating other TV service providers.

Message 5 of 15
ACE - Expert

You can still watch the content on your computer, you just have to visit the channel provider's own website to do so, rather than having all the channels aggregated at one web site.  Try TitanTV for an online channel guide.  For programming your DVR, you'll have to use a TV Receiver or the App for iOS/Android.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 6 of 15
Teacher

I will be shocked if they call you back in two weeks with a solution. It was just their way of blowing you off. It's not coming back.....

Message 7 of 15

This is ridiculous. U-Verse is too expensive to not provide this support. Clearly, no one at ATT actually tries to use the mobile apps to search for things and set recordings on the DVR. Probably time to start looking for a new provider.

Message 8 of 15
Coach

Would appreciate if you share what you find!   

Message 9 of 15
Contributor

This like the address book and messages on pc has gone away.  Seems like when ATT has a program customers use they obsolete it or discontinue all support.

Message 10 of 15
Tutor

I agree. I can't believe that they did this. AT&T if you're listening, bring it back!!!
Even just being able to access what the schedule/guide is!!

Message 11 of 15
Contributor

Time to look for a new provider

Message 12 of 15
Tutor

I have no idea why I even keep them anymore. I had the whole email deletion thing also, couldn't get anyone in support to help(nobody even seemed to know what I was talking about). Now I tried getting to the guide and found this.

How do I start a company like this?

Message 13 of 15
Contributor

Agree. Maybe we should complain to FCC about selling a product and deleting support for that product. 

Message 14 of 15
Former Employee

Thanks for sharing a great solution!   This topic is now closed.   To discuss a new topic, please “Ask A Question.”

Tags (1)
Message 15 of 15
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support