For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
TyCat7's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, December 3rd, 2014 5:58 AM

Suggestions for U Verse

So far, short of few problems once getting it installed, There's 2 suggestions I would like to make concerning the features we can use on the remote. First off, when our installation guy asked us if we had questions, I did. I asked him if U verse had autotunes like DirecTV had. He told me he had never heard of it (I even explained it to him). I asked him if we could set up an autotune so that when the show comes on that we want to watch, it automatically flips it over to that channel because we autotuned it. The other concept that's been getting on my nerves more so lately is that U Verse is supposed to let you see 2 weeks in advance what is going to play; yet, you cannot skip 12 forwards or backwards like you could with DirecTV. What's the point of looking 2 weeks in to your TV schedule when it takes you forever to get that far? Just saying. However, I think these can be fixed with an update procedure. This is all I'm requesting.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

9 years ago

@TyCat7 No autotune or reminder, this is not DirecTV or cable, no tuners of any kind used on Uverse.

Everything works on max of 4 streams of IPTV, over the internet to ATT's servers.

We have learned to just set up everything we want to watch in Series Recordings, so you can watch when you want and not tied to a specific time.  Also then able to skip through the commercials and just enjoy the program

If you're tallking about the Guide, The FF/REW buttons go a day forward/backwards to the 13 or so days that are in the Guide. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

9 years ago

In addition to the FF/Rw buttons Chris mentions - When the guide is up - press the ENTER/Zoom button - bottom right - the first item on the menu is jump to day/time. Scroll down to your choice.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

I already know about the search menu, but the search menu has yet to be accurate for me.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

I know it's not DirecTV, I'm requesting that it wouldn't kill you to adapt from what they do to help better improve business for AT&T.  If I could skip 12 hours, I could set autotunes easily for when you do think it's ideal.  If we had autotunes, I could sit here and use the external monitor attached to my laptop and just listen to my shows.  If I could autotune shows, I would turn around once I realize the new show I want to watch is on.  Autotunes are for distracted watchers.  However, I did hate that with DirecTV, it kept trying to push HD channels on us.  Always tried to take us to the HD channel no matter how many times we told it not to.

ACE - Professor

• 

7.7K Messages

9 years ago

I agree. A 12-hour skip would be great. They could even use the skip/replay buttons.

I'm not sure why you would hate the HD feeds, other than if your monitor was SD only. The downside with the auto-tune is that U-Verse boxes "call" for the channel. Basically, the video feed is streamed to the box via the internet when the box "calls" for that internet stream.

DirecTV and other TV providers can "auto-tune" because they have built-in tuners which, I believe, the U-Verse boxes do not have.

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

9 years ago

If the STB is on, and the stream is available, I don't see any architectural reason why the STB couldn't be changed to automatically change to the desired channel.  It's more screens, etc., and these boxes do have limited memory.

However, to me it's anti-DVR functionality.  The whole point of the DVR is to free you from the tyranny of having to watch shows according to their broadcast schedule (and to be able to FF through commercials). 

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

9 years ago

@TyCat7 wrote:

I already know about the search menu, but the search menu has yet to be accurate for me.

What isn't accurate about it, usually I get exactly what I want w/entering only 5 or so letters?

It'll come up on the ones that will show, not still listing 100s. Smiley Surprised

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

9 years ago

@baseballisback wrote:

I agree. A 12-hour skip would be great. They could even use the skip/replay buttons.

I'm not sure why you would hate the HD feeds, other than if your monitor was SD only. The downside with the auto-tune is that U-Verse boxes "call" for the channel. Basically, the video feed is streamed to the box via the internet when the box "calls" for that internet stream.

DirecTV and other TV providers can "auto-tune" because they have built-in tuners which, I believe, the U-Verse boxes do not have.

I don't think that it would matter streams or tuners, in terms of auto-tune.  Should be doable.   I did not have auto tune on Comcast and if I had a reminder, I did not use it.  The only time that would bite me is if I was watching a 7:30 PM show and had paused it and all streams would be tied up at 8 PM, with the 7:30 show living in the buffer.

Again, here is my answer for something like auto tune that would pop up 90 seconds before all streams would be tied up (may have to say "all streams would be soon in use):

uvchoose.jpg

1 Attachment

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.