Helpful Links

Streaming Apps: Troubleshooting and Tips

Highlighted
Community Support

Streaming Apps: Troubleshooting and Tips

Let’s be real. Everyone is streaming apps to watch their favorite shows and movies these days. We all do. It is a big part of our digital lives! We want to share a few things with you that will improve your streaming experience.

Slide4.JPG

When you stream, we recommend a plan that will support streaming. 6mbps and above are recommended.

Run a Speed Test to test your connection:

• Test hardwired if possible - Hardwired is not as susceptible to outside interferences as wireless. Speed tests should matchup with your plan.
  • Test with a single active device - Extra devices consume the shared bandwidth.
  • Test each device - Not all devices operate the same.
  • Test your distance - Wireless weakens over distance. Test in different parts of your home.

Slide5.JPG

• If connecting wireless, there are several things that can be done to improve the signal, such as:
    • Changing the Wireless Channel (learn more about changing your Wireless Channel for NVG/Motorola and 2Wire/Pace here).
    • Removing Environmental Interference: Speakers and other electronics can impact speeds.
  • Reducing the number of devices - The more devices connected, the slower speeds can be.
  • Updating your plan - Have extra bandwidth to compensate for X-factors (additional devices, streams requiring more bandwidth).

Slide6.JPG

• Scan for viruses.
  • Close all programs you are not using.
  • Clear your browser’s cache/cookies.
  • Make sure the Network Adapter is functioning properly (updated drivers).
  • Disable hardware acceleration for older computers/internet devices.
  • Reduce internet device’s memory usage  to have memory available for streaming.

If you have trouble with the HBO GO app, ESPN or other network provided apps, the above information may help. We recommend contacting that network to troubleshoot further.

NoteIn some instances, the servers the content is on can be an issue. For example, some videos on YouTube may stream fine while others take time to load. Also, some streaming services like Netflix may stream great while another streaming service may not. This is an item beyond AT&T's control. Test your speeds, if they are with testing parameters, this issue may lie with that streaming service. If you plan is not meeting the plan requirements, check out the Improve Slow Speed section of Wi-Fi Troubleshooting Hub.

If you have any issues concerning your streaming application, please send us a detailed message by clicking here. Be sure to include your name, account number, your internet plan, wired & wireless tests, and let us know how many devices are connected at one-time. 

Happy Streaming!!

-ATTU-verseCare

Need more help? Feel free to search the AT&T Community for great answers. You can also get immediate troubleshooting steps from the myAT&T app. Simply login, scroll and click Fix it Now! Support Tools. You can also reach out to our Chat Support 24/7.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 1 of 6
Community Support

Re: Troubleshooting your Streaming Applications

Troubleshooting your Streaming Applications

If you have any issues concerning your streaming application, please send us a detailed message by clicking here. Be sure to include your name, account number, phone number, and the best time to reach you. 

-ATTU-verseCare

Need more help? Feel free to search the AT&T Community for great answers. You can also get immediate troubleshooting steps from the myAT&T app. Simply login, scroll and click Fix it Now! Support Tools. You can also reach out to our Chat Support 24/7.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 6
Contributor

History Channel app won't work

I'm supposed to be able to watch the History channel app on my firetv with my AT&T Uverse, but it keeps giving me a "NoAuthz" message and won't let me watch...
Message 3 of 6
Contributor

can not sign into Showtime anytime

I am unable to sign in to HBO go, showtime anytime, etc. It says that  i am not authorized and I do not have that service. Which I do. I pay for the premium channels. How can you fix this?

Message 4 of 6
Community Support

Re: can not sign into Showtime anytime

Hi @mkuriluk,

Check out this article, it may help with the HBO streaming issues you are having. 

ATTU-verseCare

Employee Contributor*
Message 5 of 6

YouTube videos buffering excessively

YouTube videos buffer excessively. On gigapower. This should not be happening on a service I pay so much for.

Message 6 of 6
Share this topic
Announcements

Having service trouble? There is an app for that!

Click here to check it out or text myATT to 8758 to download the app. You can quickly and easily resolve your service woes!

Do you need to contact us? Chat with us!

Additional Support