Sony sound bar & Uverse remote?

Tutor

Sony sound bar & Uverse remote?

I have a Sony soundbar for the audio for my tv, is there a way to control the volume with the Uverse remote? I did get it to connect under the AUX button but it does not control the volume at all.
Message 1 of 35 (52,523 Views)
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by aviewer (ACE - Expert)
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Re: Sony sound bar & Uverse remote?

JasonT32 - Yes, that is because when the TV is programmed it is ALWAYS in control of the sound. You need to change it.

att/ok - 955 - enter Will change to volume follows mode button.
att/ok-955-aux-enter will change to ALWAYS control Sony.

How about power?
att/ok-977-att-tv-aux-enter will add aux to power sequence.
Note that enter is bottom right (Not the OK button)
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 35 (52,295 Views)
Tutor

How do I do an auto search to find TV code?
Message 3 of 35 (52,281 Views)
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by aviewer (ACE - Expert)
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

JasonT32 -
Here is a link with remote specific directions - http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB409004&cv=813&title=U-verse%20Remote%20Control%20help#...

If you do not find it post if your remote is gray or black & I will look it up.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 35 (52,275 Views)
Tutor

Got it all set. My tv code is 1345
Thanks for the info
Message 5 of 35 (52,269 Views)
ACE - Expert

JasonT32 - You tried codes on the list & 1345 worked
or
you searched got it programmed & were able to determine the code.
Message 6 of 35 (52,266 Views)
Tutor

So how do I get the uverse remote to be functional in my tv menu? Of I hit TV menu it appears, but I cannot use directional buttons inside TV menu
Message 7 of 35 (52,266 Views)
Tutor

I read on another post someone with a newer Samsung like mine used 1345 and it worked
Message 8 of 35 (52,265 Views)
ACE - Expert

JasonT32 - RE: So how do I get the uverse remote to be functional in my tv menu? Of I hit TV menu it appears, but I cannot use directional buttons inside TV menu.

Except for volume & power, other buttons may or may not work. Often menu or tv/video buttons do not work.

All you can do with the U-verse remote is keep looking for a code that provides more robust support.

For full support you need a Logitech Harmony. Harmony also has direct functions that do not appear as buttons. For example, it has HDMI1 & HDMI2. No need to navigate the menu. Change inputs with one button press.
Message 9 of 35 (52,254 Views)
Tutor

Thanks for the info
Message 10 of 35 (52,242 Views)
ACE - Master

JasonT32 wrote:
Thanks for the info

Hey Jason - If your issue has been solved to your satisfaction, please mark the solution or solutions as "accepted solutions" that helped you, so that others will know where to turn.

Ironically, I bought both a Sony soundbar and a Samsung TV, this weekend!

Message 11 of 35 (52,163 Views)
ACE - Master

For those curious,remote code 4029 under the "Aux" mode, worked for my Sony Soundbar.  I gave up trying the auto find for the soundbar as it turned the TV off several times.  That code was from the Home Theater in a Box category.

I now have three devices to power on / off, from my single press of the U-Verse remote,  power switch.  It will be a hard habit to break - putting the remote down too quickly as we used to have only two devices.

Message 12 of 35 (52,117 Views)
Contributor

[ Edited ]

Definite Kudos on the att/ok.  This worked for my Motorola DVR to Sony STR-K700 surround sound.   You would think ATT would put this in the manual.

Message 13 of 35 (50,797 Views)
Highlighted
Tutor

If you got the Sony bar that has the HDMI through (newer generation of Sony HTCT260, and all HTCT660)

, and your TV supports CEC (Consumer Electronics Control) the set up can be hooked up the following way:

1. Cable Box to Sony Bar - HDMI

2. Sony bar to TV - HDMI

Make sure the TV is set to use CEC (check the manual, as only 1 or 2 TV HDMI inputs on your TV usually support CEC), and then your TV will automatically control your SONY bar volume.  Either way, if HDMI is an option, go through the expense and hook that up, avoid analog connections.

Message 14 of 35 (50,699 Views)
Contributor

I bought the Sony CT-660, but none of the U-verse remote codes seem to work.  I tried both manual input and the automatic search.  Do you know the code for the Sony Soundbar CT-660?

Thank you,

Message 15 of 35 (47,355 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Having service trouble? There is an app for that! Use our troubleshooting tool or text myATT to 8758 to download the app. It is much faster than posting on our forums. You will also find some helpful articles below.