CopperRidge's profile
Employee

Employee

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, April 10th, 2019 1:58 AM

Signal went out while watching tv now error message No Signal

I lost the signal to my uverse tv and cant get it back even after restarting everything.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

15K Messages

5 years ago

If it was a line problem then you would either see the gateway rebooting when the broadband light(s) turn red or there are a lot of errors on the line.  If there were lots of errors that would be reflected in high FEC and/or CRC error rates in the gateway's broadband dsl status tables which you can easily check for yourself.

But even if the outside line went completely out the dvr would still send error message to its tv like maybe "uverse not available at this time" (don't recall how it words it) not "no signal" which is generally something most tv's display when their input is "dead".  And that would happen if the tv input selection is not to some active input port.  That's the reasoning behind my previous reply.

...that or the dvr or receiver itself is "broke"Man Surprised

Note, I would disconnect the gateway connection from my dvr myself to verify this but I am currently recording something so I won't.

Expert

• 

15K Messages

5 years ago

That usually is due to the wrong input selection on the tv.  So verify that the tv's input selection is to the hdmi port that's connected to the dvr or receiver.  If it is make sure the hdmi plugs are fully inserted.  Could try another hdmi cable or even component cables.

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

5 years ago

That is not an HDMI problem nor TV problem, losing signal to Uverse is a connection problem with the ATT lines. I live in IL, and my Uverse skips and freeze every 20 minutes during day time and sometime at night, ATT seems not able to resolve that problem for 5 months now

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

You need to have tech person at att resend you the signal, this loss of signal happens to me all the time and going thru the reset steps never get it to turn vack on, I always have to call tech support & have them do the resend signal... 

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

hello,

I think that The No Signal message indicates a problem with the cable connection or the external device.Disconnect the HDMI cable from the TV and move it to an alternate port. Plug the device back in, and power the device back on. Change theTV to the new HDMI input to see if the issue is resolved.

thank you,

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

HD channels continuously scrambling for 4-5 days now. Other channels are fine. I’ve had shows lined up for recording and all I get is scrambling. Sick of it! 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.