cactusjack99's profile

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

Thursday, June 27th, 2013 6:25 PM

Should WAP VAP2500 link and pair lights be blinking after successful pairing?

New Uverse install yesterday, cannot find answer to the above.  TV was good yesterday, but last night had drop outs (freeze pic and no audio for 2 or 3 seconds) and receiver rebooted 3 or 4 times).  My thoughts are signal strength at the receiver.  I relocated both the AT&T router and the WAP this morning, hoping for better tonight.  The pair and links lights are both green, and blink at a slow rate.  I sort of expected those to stay solid after pairing.  The WAP the tech installed is supposed to be a higher power unit than the one in the Uverse pics??  Duno about that part.  It's model number appears to be VAP2500, wondering if the blink rate is normal.  Thanks for your input.

cheers

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

Take a look at this and see if it might help: http://www.att.com/support_media/images/pdf/uverse/VAP2500_quick_start_guide_588457_001_a.pdf

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

11 years ago

Yep, that does it, thanks!!  Wonder why tech support didn't seem to know that.......??

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

The power of GoogleSmiley Happy

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Thank you so much for posting this. It saved me much aggrivation! One of our TV's became 'unpaired' and by just holding the power button on the box it reset itself and works great but the link answered my question about the blinking lights!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

What if it is blinking green the red what does that mean?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

alternating green light flashes on my VAP2500 from link to paired means what? is this normal even when both Wifi recievers are powered oFF when should they be steady? please dont show me the link its not fully detailed to explain this , get TS to answer please.. thanks

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.