Since2000's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Saturday, October 29th, 2016 5:52 PM

Shortcut features GONE!!!!!

I was told that you will be bringing the shortcut feature back. It is the only way to search for movies and sports or news without leaving the channel that I am watching. (I.e. I can still listen while looking at the specific search guide.) I find it extremely important!

Will you keep me informed on when that feature will be included on the next update?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

7 years ago

Strange...I can access Channel Shortcuts without leaving the channel I'm watching.

Press the Guide button.  This will bring up the Guide screen without disturbing the channel you are watching.

Press the Enter/Zoom button on the remote.  This will bring up a menu on the right.

On that menu, toggle down to Channel Shortcuts.  Press EnterThis will not disrupt the channel you are watching.

From that screen, you will be asked to select All, SD Channels, HD Channels, At the Movies, Uverse Packages.  Select one.

The last screen will give you the option(s) of Local, Variety, Sports, Kids, News and Information.

All of these will not take you away from the channel you are watching.  Press "Exit to TV" to resume watching what you were watching.

I don't know how to make it any clearer.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.