dhascall's profile

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

Monday, September 23rd, 2013 9:25 PM

Setting a Series Recording, via an advertisement

I love truly interactive TV and over the weekend, I saw somwething that showed that AT&T still has it, when it comes to technology.  I was watching a show on A&E and there was an ad for CBS's new show "The Crazy Ones."  In the ad, there was a box that said that you could set a series recording by pressing the OK button.  Is that not cool?  I would love that to be morphed into more and more situations.  For instance, often there may be an ad for an upcoming show that is further out than two weeks.  How about "pressing okay to have a reminder sent?" or "press okay and the system will automatically set the series, when it is availble."  There could be many uses for this technology, as it relates to recording series.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

11 years ago

@JefferMC wrote:

1) We've never pressed OK to see if it actually works,

2) It's probably something that AT&T inserts for its customers.

1) It works!  It works! LOL.  I went ahead and pressed it on Sunday (9/22) and while it didn't show up right away, it is now in  my list of Scheduled Programs.  I still have to cancel the series.

2) (for Skeeter, too.)  I'm sure that it's in an AT&T purchased ad block only visible on AT&T sets.

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

11 years ago

@dhascall wrote:

I love truly interactive TV and over the weekend, I saw somwething that showed that AT&T still has it, when it comes to technology.  I was watching a show on A&E and there was an ad for CBS's new show "The Crazy Ones."  In the ad, there was a box that said that you could set a series recording by pressing the OK button.  Is that not cool?  I would love that to be morphed into more and more situations.  For instance, often there may be an ad for an upcoming show that is further out than two weeks.  How about "pressing okay to have a reminder sent?" or "press okay and the system will automatically set the series, when it is availble."  There could be many uses for this technology, as it relates to recording series.

Ah, yes... that was the kind of popup I was mentioning in the other thread.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

11 years ago

@dhascall wrote:

So you actually saw that? 

There's been many times I'll see an ad for an upcoming show and I'll go to the guide to set the DVR right then so I don't forget.

How could that work with all the different providers and DVR types?

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

11 years ago

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

11 years ago

@JefferMC wrote:

Since I generally DVR programs and then FF thru the commercials, I'm going to need for someone to check that out!  Smiley Very Happy

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.