For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
vinnya's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, June 28th, 2014 10:12 PM

Search displays wrong start and end times.

When I go into Menu and search for a program, incorrect time info appears.

example: I searched for Extant on CBS and the time displayed was 8-9pm when real time is 9-10pm.

I find this happens for all searches.  I live on the east coast and my son lives on the west coast and he has the same problem.  Is this a bug that needs fixing?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

10 years ago

@vinnya wrote:

When I go into Menu and search for a program, incorrect time info appears.

example: I searched for Extant on CBS and the time displayed was 8-9pm when real time is 9-10pm.

I find this happens for all searches.  I live on the east coast and my son lives on the west coast and he has the same problem.  Is this a bug that needs fixing?

You apparently live in the Eastern Time Zone if the display is one hour behind.  Yes, this is a bug that has been around since the last release of the TV Receiver firmware, it causes search/more showtime displays to be shown in Central Time instead of the proper time zone for your location.

There is a new version of the TV Receiver firmware that has just been released to a limited number of customers. Those customers are all in the Central Time Zone, so we don't know if the problem is fixed.  Once they decide its working for that test group, they will start rolling it out to the rest of us.  Probably not for a few weeks/months.

Luckily, the bug doesn't affect the DVR's ability to record programs at the correct time.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Thanks for quick answer.? Good that a fix is in the works.

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

10 years ago

This fix has been in the process for over a year now, May 2013 to be exact, and nothing has been corrected. All you get are excuses from ATT as to why it has not been corrected yet.

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

10 years ago

I cannot say if "anything been corrected or not."  A new release of firmware was in testing by the end of June.  Whether it fixes this problem, the jury is out. I'm not sure I give any coutenance to the isolated report from CT, and the reports from Kansas City are meaningless.

Scholar

• 

148 Messages

10 years ago

This has been a Time Zone Issue here on the East coast - Many people, including myself contact billing every month and receive a $35.00 credit on our bill. They have been doing this for over the past 8 months or more. Today, they said not sure when problem will be fixed. If you use a DVR - it automatically starts at the correct time - I still use a tape and at times I forget to change the time.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.