ronseg1's profile

Mentor

• 

40 Messages

Thursday, December 15th, 2011 7:21 PM

Closed

Screen Saver

I have a plasma tv. Occassionaly I need to pause the program I am watching. I do not want to burn in my screen during the process. Direct TV had a screen saver that would kick in after a minute or two. Why isn't there that capability in U-verse? Perhaps AT&T should consider upgrading the software to allow this.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

12 years ago

ronseg1 - That is my point - if the "pause" hits five minutes a normal show keeps changing on the screen. RCSMG is indicating that it may have morphed int to the sleep mode. This would explain why when i change from HDMI1 (STB) to HDMI2 (computer) and back again (later) I find the blue screen saver.

Mentor

• 

40 Messages

12 years ago

Any suggestions as to how to get this added to the software?

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

12 years ago

ronseg1 - I think that a short pause will not burn your screen. Been doing it for years.

If you are watching a recording, just hit the last button & you will get another channel with activity. When you hit the last button again you will return to where you left.

If it is live, I guess you would have to do a couple steps to get into a recording mode.

Mentor

• 

40 Messages

12 years ago

Thanks for your response. I agree that a short pause won't cause any problems, but what if I forget about having paused it and start and do something else. I really want AT&T to upgrade their software to allow a screen saver to start after a short period of time.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

12 years ago

I agree you should ask for what you see as a deficiency. Been doing a little of that myself. We all should be doing it more.

At&t did implement a "fix" for this some time ago. Not sure if it is still in effect. If you press the stop button within less than 5 minutes it starts playing again.

Mentor

• 

40 Messages

12 years ago

That's fine, but what if it's longer than 5 minutes? The screen saver that direct tv has, goes on until you click something else.

Expert

• 

23.3K Messages

12 years ago

They already have a screen saver that pops up.  If you leave a program paused long enough the ATT blue screen comes on.  I have seen it several times.

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

12 years ago

@ronseg1 wrote:

That's fine, but what if it's longer than 5 minutes? The screen saver that direct tv has, goes on until you click something else.

It will take several weeks of being on the same image to do any permanent damage to your tv.  Your tv may also have a screen saver.  Most people don't want the screen save to show up now a days.

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

11 years ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VypZH4TbJ0 

in this youtube  video link  there is a screen saver effect but it is wierd to see so can someone please explain this?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.