texasguy37's profile

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

Thursday, March 24th, 2011 7:42 PM

SWRV - Music Video Channel

On page 8 of the Spring 2011 UGuide, it mentions a new music video channel that will be added along with the Music Choice App on April 1st.  The new channel will be SWRV, and it will available in both SD (channel 501) and HD (channel 1501).  The link below from Wikipedia describes the channel.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SWRV

Expert

• 

24.3K Messages

13 years ago

Finally seeing placeholders for the channels in Houston, whereas before they weren't even in the Guide.

IMG_5856.jpg

Scholar

• 

106 Messages

13 years ago

Music choice seems to be a treat compared to that ugly eyesore called Urge.

Does anyone know what the bitrate quality will be for the new music choice programming?

Reason I ask is because I had Directv when they transitioned from xm/sirius to sonic tap and sonic tap had very poor bitrate and quality issues when it was initially turned on.

Oh and yes, I plan to play music choice through my 7.1 surround sound  not tv speakers, so 192kpbs and up would be greatly appreciated...

Professor

• 

2K Messages

13 years ago

@peteyboy wrote:

Music choice seems to be a treat compared to that ugly eyesore called Urge.

Does anyone know what the bitrate quality will be for the new music choice programming?

Reason I ask is because I had Directv when they transitioned from xm/sirius to sonic tap and sonic tap had very poor bitrate and quality issues when it was initially turned on.

Oh and yes, I plan to play music choice through my 7.1 surround sound  not tv speakers, so 192kpbs and up would be greatly appreciated...

I had Music Choice from circa 1997 (if not before) until fall of 2008.  The quality seemed very respectable.

Mentor

• 

76 Messages

13 years ago

Saw the channel preview. Glad to see it's in HD. URGE was painfully awful with its bleak, shoddy picture quality and low-quality music. I am looking forward to this channel.

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

13 years ago

Both channels are now live.

Guru

• 

785 Messages

13 years ago

I had to the STB/DVR Reboot to get the music choice app and SWRV channels to show up. Now I can listen to real oldies station Classic Alternative! Thanks ATT for Finally Dumping Urge and bringing back Music Choice!

Scholar

• 

103 Messages

13 years ago

Watching "Level 10" on SWRV now.  Perfect for frequent texters.  Since I'm old and still pay 15 cents per text, I'll let ya'll drive. 🙂

Haven't watched the other programs yet.

At least videos are playing somewhere, somehow.

Guru

• 

692 Messages

13 years ago

Hey I'm just glad we have a music channel thatv plays music again. Like how MTV use to and then it turned into garbage.

Expert

• 

24.3K Messages

13 years ago

And HD option is nice, much bigger picture and louder sound. Smiley Very Happy

Not crazy about the Majority Rules off to the right, though; and the bottom part.  Wish they'd just make it full screen--but that's our TMI/ADHD society. Smiley Surprised

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.