radorman's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, December 31st, 2017 9:45 PM

STREAM UVERSE ON COMPUTER

How can I stream TV content on my laptop.  I don't want to watch on my phone.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

6 years ago

Sorry but all streaming has been moved over to the Uverse app  The app works with the following devices:

• iPhone/iPad/iTouch (iOS 9.3 and above)
  • Apple Watch
  • Android smartphones and tablets (OS 4.1 and above)
  • Android Wearables (Android Wear OS)
  • Amazon Fire TV devices

Tutor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I very much dislike this. Miss watching on  my PC. 

Tutor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I am a brand new u-verse customer and very surprised that I cannot stream on my laptop.  Seems like a poor business decision.  Is AT&T management willing to reconsider?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

TV>About TV on att.com for mobile devices as of 2/5/18 specifically states you can stream shows virtually anywhere you go on your phone table or COMPUTER.  The fine print on the package says 'on your mobile device' but does not specifically exclude laptops.  VERY deceptive.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I totally agree SPECIFICALLY says computer and and then when you get the service, you find out that is not true!!!

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

This is VERY deceptive advertising! Ad says stream anywhere... "Record up to 4 shows at once with Total Home DVR®. And stream shows virtually anywhere you go on your phone, tablet, or computer."  

Except I guess... not really on your computer!!! I would not have gotten Uverse had I known!

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

Bad move UVERSE.  Especially when DISH allows you to speak to your remote to get channels.  You guys wont allow PC streaming.  This may be a deal breaker for me.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Wow...I'm sooo regretting my decision to use Uverse... This has been one of the worst tv services I've ever had...I'm gonna see if I can cancel my new service.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

I can't wait to get rid of it. Now you can't stream on a computer. 2 more months and its goodbye u-verse

Tutor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I think you need to look a little deeper into the reasons for this.  I was told at att store that you can watch streaming on  laptop if you have Direct TV.  As you know, ATT bought DTV and is step by step making it more difficult to keep Uverse so that those subscribers will convert to DTV. Comparable bundles on DTV are much less expensive and with DTV, there is significantly less maintenance than with hardwire cable.  Expect to see further costs and/or decreased access with Uverse so they can switch users to DTV.  Have no documentation of this, just some things I noticed.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.