Explore & discover

Helpful Links

STREAM UVERSE ON COMPUTER

Contributor

STREAM UVERSE ON COMPUTER

How can I stream TV content on my laptop.  I don't want to watch on my phone.

Message 1 of 21
Tutor

Re: STREAM UVERSE ON COMPUTER

Sorry for the previous lengthy post but some like the details so that they can try to duplicate what I have been able to accomplish. I am not an ATT employee or anything like that but I am  electronics tech and computer geek that recently retired after 25 years the largest corporation in a very interesting industry. I also have had a side business doing custom audio video systems as well as computer support. Between the 2 I have worked , done , researched or been involved with numerous technologies, integration and other third party offerings. 

On on another note,  I see the voice control post talking about voice control and dish. I believe many things are going this direction. Roku has had for awhiile and Directv has an app for Alexa. I of course have it setup. I must admit I have not figured out all the voice commands for the control of my Durectv system. 

Message 16 of 21
Tutor

One last question, has anybody put a sling device to their U-verse and streamed that way? I believe this is what Dish uses and promotes via Sling TV. 

Message 17 of 21
Scholar

Yes, you can buy a slingbox on eBay and stream all live and recorded content on your Desktop Laptop and mobile devices.

Message 18 of 21
Tutor

Yes, after reading through many posts here I think I made a terrible mistake leaving Comcast, even considering a $40 a month savings with AT&T. I went with the ATT U-Verse service instead of Direct TV because

a) I have many huge trees that may interfere with the satellite signal, and

b) I have seven TV's and was told I would have to buy two Direct services (two dishes) or manually shuffle some of the Wi-Fi boxes between my TV's.

That just is not a solution I will live with. Then I discover tons of TV features I was used to from Comcast that is missing from U-Verse TV.

1) Streaming my Guide and programs to my Windows PC or smart phone

2) Manage by DRV recordings from my laptop or smart phone

3) Integrated Netflix, YouTube, Facebook, Amazon, and Vudu (and now Tubi) from the TV menu

4) many many movies that have a "watch now" option in the menu when you find a live show already 1/2 over.

5) the search actually includes Netflix content

6) a mammoth amount of on demand content over AT&T

7) better menu interface

It seems like AT&T is wanting to phase out U-Verse and push customers to Direct TV. They should have just said that up front when they bought Direct TV and blocked any new customers. But they did not and now I discover I am on a service with planned extinction. When that happens I will definitely move back to Comcast even though I dislike their business as a company, but loved their TV service offering. (boo hoo)...

Message 19 of 21
Tutor

that's ridiculous.

Message 20 of 21
Tutor

This IS TRULY RIDICULOUS.

Message 21 of 21
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support