radorman's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, December 31st, 2017 9:45 PM

STREAM UVERSE ON COMPUTER

How can I stream TV content on my laptop.  I don't want to watch on my phone.

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

6 years ago

NO, They took that away. AT&T wants you to go to Direct TV as you can watch your programming on you PC with Direct TV but NOT U-verse. They have taking all the perks way from the U-verse customers trying to get you to go to Direct TV to have the perks. 

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

Nothing surprises me anymore with uverse or should I say AT&T. I have had an account with uverse for 10+ years(moving to Spectrum soon). They only cater to getting new customers. Their answer to old customers is AT&T Cares, what a joke. I called to get a faster internet service from a ad I saw and they told me that it was for new customers only and it the faster service was NOT available for existing customers. Just like it was said in the previous posts, they want you to go to DirectTV and have a dish on the side of you home. I do not care what they say about the service being interrupted during a storm, i happens every time there is a storm to my neighbors who have DirectTV and anyone else I ask. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Reconsider Spectrum! I just moved from Spectrum and the customer service is terrible. The internet is slow and unreliable at best, but the cable itself I really cant complain. You can access it most anywhere and from any device, with limitations being whether you're on your wifi. As for Uverse, I am happy with the speed and reliability but upset with not having the ability to watch from the laptop. I really don't see how in this time and age that isn't something that isn't the "norm" for the Giant in the industry.  It is a deal breaker for me since they said I could and advertise it. I will not recommend anyone and will definite end my service with them at the end of my obligation.  What happen to customer service, quality and service?????

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

Just a suggestion from a person that had no other options for fast internet and do not classify satellite internet that I have had high speed, I was on DSL 6 meg with 150 gig cap for the last several years. All my ATT ground based services service went out and they dispatched for the following week. Sunday morning an ATT tech knocks on the door to fix my service. He had been out a few days earlier to put together a pair bonding install for my neighbor across the road. It would be good to know I live in an rural area of Oklahoma and my neighbor is roughly 1500-2000 feet away. 

Hiwever we we use the same maintenance box and run to the same Remote Terminal which they used for my DSL. My neighbor got somewhere in the 40-50 meg service. They had the option to get U-verse Tv but not sure if they selected it. So needless to say that started me on a mission because I should be able to get the same or similiar service. 

After talking to a few techs and a few phone calls a tech gave me a guys phone in the att phone store and suggested I request him to request. I went in and talked to the guy and he submitted a ticket despite the system no showing available and they researched it and found records were wrong on address. The techs that are knowledgeable of the area and them having a good working relationship with the system engineers are key. They had to do update a lot of cablle records and box information 

for me.

To to be fair I have had ATT landline service for more than 35 years and had three address changes since I lived here. Another thing that may of played a role was the guy in the store put in for new service under my name. They came out about a week later and I was upgraded to 18 meg single pair service. Which is much better than 6 meg. I guess it is ATT internet nowadays. However I was not happy to stay at 18 meg and wanted what my neughbir got. The short answer is over the last 4-weeks I got they to update more records and got VOIP phon3 service and got the bonded pair approved and getting installed tomorrow morning. There are many other details involved including I changed my service back into my wife’s name. I am still pondering if Iwant U-verse tv but after reading thiis post I will continue to delay that option.

I suspect that ATT will merge U-verse and Directv services at some point and things will look different for both U-verse and directv. I can really see the Directv web app feeding U-verse to be a very logical end. Cheaper for ATT since they maintain 1 service versus 2. Who knows ATT may spin the whole distribution part off and just keep the network services business if the FCC gets its way. 

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

Sorry for the previous lengthy post but some like the details so that they can try to duplicate what I have been able to accomplish. I am not an ATT employee or anything like that but I am  electronics tech and computer geek that recently retired after 25 years the largest corporation in a very interesting industry. I also have had a side business doing custom audio video systems as well as computer support. Between the 2 I have worked , done , researched or been involved with numerous technologies, integration and other third party offerings. 

On on another note,  I see the voice control post talking about voice control and dish. I believe many things are going this direction. Roku has had for awhiile and Directv has an app for Alexa. I of course have it setup. I must admit I have not figured out all the voice commands for the control of my Durectv system. 

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

One last question, has anybody put a sling device to their U-verse and streamed that way? I believe this is what Dish uses and promotes via Sling TV. 

Scholar

• 

222 Messages

5 years ago

Yes, you can buy a slingbox on eBay and stream all live and recorded content on your Desktop Laptop and mobile devices.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

Yes, after reading through many posts here I think I made a terrible mistake leaving Comcast, even considering a $40 a month savings with AT&T. I went with the ATT U-Verse service instead of Direct TV because

a) I have many huge trees that may interfere with the satellite signal, and

b) I have seven TV's and was told I would have to buy two Direct services (two dishes) or manually shuffle some of the Wi-Fi boxes between my TV's.

That just is not a solution I will live with. Then I discover tons of TV features I was used to from Comcast that is missing from U-Verse TV.

1) Streaming my Guide and programs to my Windows PC or smart phone

2) Manage by DRV recordings from my laptop or smart phone

3) Integrated Netflix, YouTube, Facebook, Amazon, and Vudu (and now Tubi) from the TV menu

4) many many movies that have a "watch now" option in the menu when you find a live show already 1/2 over.

5) the search actually includes Netflix content

6) a mammoth amount of on demand content over AT&T

7) better menu interface

It seems like AT&T is wanting to phase out U-Verse and push customers to Direct TV. They should have just said that up front when they bought Direct TV and blocked any new customers. But they did not and now I discover I am on a service with planned extinction. When that happens I will definitely move back to Comcast even though I dislike their business as a company, but loved their TV service offering. (boo hoo)...

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

that's ridiculous.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

This IS TRULY RIDICULOUS.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.