For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
bjohnston1427's profile

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

Friday, July 7th, 2017 5:35 PM

STARZencore Westerns channel 940 distortion

Need help; can't watch STARZencore Westerns channel 940 due to the fact that it is stretched to HD from programming that should be SD. Sent message to STARZ and got the following reply: Jason Myers (STARZ) Jul 6, 16:11 PDT Hello, Thank you for taking the time to contact us. Most likely your provider is not showing the HD version of the channel. Please reach out to your provider with any questions or assistance in changing your TV format to better view the channel. Regards, Jason

Community Support

• 

231.5K Messages

7 years ago

@bjohnston1427, @JefferMC, @janegeorge0524 & @skeeterintexas Please check on the channel and let us know if you're still having the same issue.

-ATTCares

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

7 years ago

Appears to be OK, but I'll know for sure when an old b&w film comes on.

Community Support

• 

231.5K Messages

7 years ago

Thank you @bjohnston1427. Looking forward to reading from you.

-ATTCares

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

7 years ago

Right now, The Man from Laramie (1955) is letterbox.  @janegeorge0524 needs to weigh in.

Mentor

• 

38 Messages

7 years ago

Thank you for the alert - My TVs are now displaying Channel 940 with four black bars around a rectangular video which is the same way all of the other U-verse SD channels display HD content.  I am really pleased so far - however like @bjohnston1427, I'll be double-checking the old B&W TV shows that are on weekday afternoons.  I'll touch base with you all tomorrow.  If the older B&W Westerns TV shows are displayed in the correct aspect ratio, I will be doing a jig around the house.  

I am so pleased that we all stuck with it and that AT&T has responded with a correct aspect ratio for the HD content on Channel 940.  

Color me optimistic!

Jane  

Scholar

• 

98 Messages

7 years ago

It looks normal to me now too. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

7 years ago

Good explanation. Thanks. Now if someone would do something.

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

7 years ago

Saw the 940 feed this after with a b&w series. Looks as if the
"stretching" problem has been solved.

Thanks for resolving the issue.

Mentor

• 

38 Messages

7 years ago

UPDATED NEWS as of July 10th: SF area reports the channel is fixed!  Both HD content and SD content on Channel 940 STARZ Encore Westerns are now formatted correctly.  HD content displays in a rectangular box with black bars on all four sides.  SD content displays in a square shape with black bars on left and right only.  

Hooray and pardon me while I do a little dance for joy around the roomSnoopy2.jpg

1 Attachment

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

7 years ago

Any movies or programs shown on 940 with the black bars on all four sides is considered SD in letterbox format, not HD. 

All HD channels are in the 1000s on the guide.  If StarzWestern offered an HD version, it would be placed at 1940.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.