bbrs074's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Sunday, February 16th, 2014 3:28 PM

SEC Network

It was annouced a few weeks ago that AT&T had reached an agreement with the SEC to broadcast the new SEC Network beginning in August, 2014.  Can AT&T tell us the date the service will start, it's channel assignment, and will it be a premium service or part of one of the packages such as U200 or U300?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

10 years ago

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

10 years ago

It wasn't announced a few weeks ago.  It was announced in May of last year.

http://forums.att.com/t5/Features-and-How-To/SEC-Network-Launching-on-U-verse-in-August-2014/m-p/3481669

Also, the launch date will be August 21, 2014.  By the way, is there any reason that you need to know the channel number in February?

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

10 years ago

@bbrs074 wrote:

It was annouced a few weeks ago that AT&T had reached an agreement with the SEC to broadcast the new SEC Network beginning in August, 2014.  Can AT&T tell us the date the service will start, it's channel assignment, and will it be a premium service or part of one of the packages such as U200 or U300?

I cannot give any answers to any of your questions, but I would imagine that the SEC Network would be somewhere between Channel 607 to 690 on SD and 1607 to 1690 on HD.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

ACE - Professor

• 

7.7K Messages

10 years ago

I believe Longhorn Network is U-100 or U-200 in Texas and U-450 elsewhere. Same thing with PAC-12 channels. It may make sense to expect the SEC Network to be similar. Of course, BTN is U-200(?) everywhere, so go figure.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

You bet there is a good reason to want to know the channel number in February. I recently switched from Direct TV to a Uverse U200 package. If I can't get the SEC Network in August as part of my current package then I might SWITCH BACK now. So I want to know NOW. When will it be announced if the SEC Network will be a premium channel (or not). BTW how about dropping the Longhorn Network and giving me the SEC? This should at least be a choice.

ACE - Professor

• 

7.7K Messages

10 years ago

@bbrs074 wrote:
You bet there is a good reason to want to know the channel number in February. I recently switched from Direct TV to a Uverse U200 package. If I can't get the SEC Network in August as part of my current package then I might SWITCH BACK now. So I want to know NOW. When will it be announced if the SEC Network will be a premium channel (or not). BTW how about dropping the Longhorn Network and giving me the SEC? This should at least be a choice.

First, welcome to the forums. Second, take a minute and breathe. Smiley Happy

If AT&T doesn't announce it now, will DirecTV announce it the minute you switch back? Have they already announced the channel as part of whatever lineup on whatever channel slot? If it took you a day or two to switch, it'll take a similar amount of time to switch back (and probably sign a contract, wait out a weather storm, etc.) They'll launch the channel when it's ready and then we'll know what channel number and who gets it.

The SEC network will be somewhere between 1607 and 1699. It will probably be closer to the Longhorn Network and ESPN2, since it's owned by ESPN. The funny thing about dropping Longhorn Network is they might actually show some SEC events if they have the rights...so no, they can't drop it. Besides, there's a little thing called a contract. If AT&T were to drop a channel on a whim, they'd probably have to pay a large fine.

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

10 years ago

@bbrs074 wrote:

What does the channel number have to do with what package a channel is assigned to?

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

10 years ago

@texasguy37 wrote:

@bbrs074 wrote:

What does the channel number have to do with what package a channel is assigned to?

Nothing unless the number is above 2000,

Scholar

• 

411 Messages

10 years ago

what channel will it on Uverse .

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

10 years ago

@rt123 wrote:

what channel will it on Uverse .

There is an existing thread devoted to the SEC Conference.

http://forums.att.com/t5/Features-and-How-To/SEC-Network/m-p/3897651#.UxX7Ts69blw

The SEC Network would be somewhere between Channel 607 to 690 on SD and 1607 to 1690 on HD. No one on this forum knows at this time what  channel it will be on. We will know by August 14, 2014.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.