Helpful Links

SAP and changing broadcast languages

Contributor

SAP and changing broadcast languages

I am trying to change the audio language from Spanish to English for Univision Desportes 1658, and/or BEINEH 1663.  Changing the audio language to English does nothing (Under Menu-Options-Audio-Language.  BEIN states it has SAP ( Secondary Audio Programming ).

Secondarily, changing the Closed Caption output language to English does nothing, ie. there is not CC box, no CC banner, nothing.  This is under Menu-Options-Closed Captioning.  CC is working on the local network channels, but it's CCing English into English.

Tags (2)
Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Tutor

Re: SAP and changing broadcast languages

On att uverse remote click on info, select audio language and select Primary (AAC).

Tags (1)
Message 4 of 8

All Replies
Expert

hlaufman wrote:

I am trying to change the audio language from Spanish to English for Univision Desportes 1658, and/or BEINEH 1663.  Changing the audio language to English does nothing (Under Menu-Options-Audio-Language.  BEIN states it has SAP ( Secondary Audio Programming ).

Secondarily, changing the Closed Caption output language to English does nothing, ie. there is not CC box, no CC banner, nothing.  This is under Menu-Options-Closed Captioning.  CC is working on the local network channels, but it's CCing English into English.

SAP can only be accessed in the TV, it's in the stereo feed on a 3d channel. 

Has been posted getting English on Spanish lang programs is problomatic. Smiley Wink

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Message 2 of 8
Contributor

I am talking about my TV.  Channels 1658 and 1663.

Or I am confused.  Isn't the Menu on my remote about the TV? 

Message 3 of 8
Highlighted
Tutor

On att uverse remote click on info, select audio language and select Primary (AAC).

Tags (1)
Message 4 of 8
Contributor

Thanks ksulegend, worked like a charm!
Message 5 of 8
Contributor

With the latest update of U-verse TV this solution is no longer valid.  There are channels that broadcast in SAP but the language is not listed.

Message 6 of 8
Contributor

How do you change the language with SAP? I'm trying to change the language to an MLS broadcast?

Message 7 of 8
Contributor

Solution listed here no longer works. "Info/Audio Language" only lists "Español (EnhancedAC3)". Broadcaster indicates that English is available on SAP. Channel 1658 UNIDHD, MLS playoffs.

Message 8 of 8
Share this topic
Announcements

Learn how connect your AT&T holiday gifts at Unwrapped on Wednesday, 12/27 (1-4pm ET)!

Having service trouble? There is an app for that!

Click here to check it out or text myATT to 8758 to download the app. You can quickly and easily resolve your service woes!

Do you need to contact us? Chat with us!

Additional Support