hlaufman's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Friday, March 6th, 2015 5:58 PM

SAP and changing broadcast languages

I am trying to change the audio language from Spanish to English for Univision Desportes 1658, and/or BEINEH 1663.  Changing the audio language to English does nothing (Under Menu-Options-Audio-Language.  BEIN states it has SAP ( Secondary Audio Programming ).

Secondarily, changing the Closed Caption output language to English does nothing, ie. there is not CC box, no CC banner, nothing.  This is under Menu-Options-Closed Captioning.  CC is working on the local network channels, but it's CCing English into English.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Tutor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

On att uverse remote click on info, select audio language and select Primary (AAC).

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

9 years ago

@hlaufman wrote:

I am trying to change the audio language from Spanish to English for Univision Desportes 1658, and/or BEINEH 1663.  Changing the audio language to English does nothing (Under Menu-Options-Audio-Language.  BEIN states it has SAP ( Secondary Audio Programming ).

Secondarily, changing the Closed Caption output language to English does nothing, ie. there is not CC box, no CC banner, nothing.  This is under Menu-Options-Closed Captioning.  CC is working on the local network channels, but it's CCing English into English.

SAP can only be accessed in the TV, it's in the stereo feed on a 3d channel. 

Has been posted getting English on Spanish lang programs is problomatic. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

I am talking about my TV.  Channels 1658 and 1663.

Or I am confused.  Isn't the Menu on my remote about the TV? 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Thanks ksulegend, worked like a charm!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

With the latest update of U-verse TV this solution is no longer valid.  There are channels that broadcast in SAP but the language is not listed.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

How do you change the language with SAP? I'm trying to change the language to an MLS broadcast?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Solution listed here no longer works. "Info/Audio Language" only lists "Español (EnhancedAC3)". Broadcaster indicates that English is available on SAP. Channel 1658 UNIDHD, MLS playoffs.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

wheres the info button

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

ok how do i get to SAP

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.