For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
brucealexy's profile

Teacher

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, September 12th, 2012 3:51 PM

Request for new channel

DISH has just added BlazeTV to their 250 tier. I would like to see AT&T add it to their 200 or 300 tier selections. We need added diversity of political opinion and news from which to choose.

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

11 years ago

@oufanindallas wrote:

It has nothing to do with politics, it's all about the $$$

With AT&T refusing to carry Al Jazeera America, I'm having my doubts about your first statement.  I hope not, though.

Scholar

• 

155 Messages

11 years ago

BSWilson74 writes, "You believe Current TV added value?  That is fine to think, and I think all views should be broadcast, but has there been any attempts to make an agreement with TheBlaze?"

I don't believe we can know. This is my answer for which I would apply to negotiations in general. Not just from AT&T U-verse, it is a standard practice with providers for cable television programming.

Part of the reason for this is because of agreements not getting reached. If, say, AT&T U-verse were to inform subscribers it was pursuing this or that programmer, with the intent to add and carry a programmer in its lineup, and the deal then fell through … that would upset subscribers. So, AT&T U-verse (and other companies) have concluded that it is best not to involve subscribers in this area of the business.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

11 years ago

Keep in mind that's 300,000 PAID subscribers.  That means just the people that subscribe to his internet service.  That doesn't count the massive radio syndication, or DISH network.  Your .1% figure is ridiculously inaccurate.  I don't have a clue what the radio or DISH syndication brings in per month, but that's well over $3 Million/month just from internet subscriptions.  I sure wouldn't scoff at that kind of income, or listener base.  He beat the pants off of the other "news" networks COMBINED for his time slot on Fox.

So, while it's obvious you don't care for the program or host  (you probably never watch it, so you wouldn't even know).  Your attempt at figures was a failure -- there REALLY is a tremendous audience that would enjoy their cable providers picking up that channel.  This leads to more customer satisfaction, new customers, and greater retention.  More diversity is generally a good thing in programming choices.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

11 years ago

That's a bit narrow. Make your request at: http://uversechannels.att.com/

But don't ask to take programming away that many others enjoy. Golden rule....

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

We have waited a year for AT&T to add The Blaze Network.  I see that they have added a new 'news' channel called 'Fusion', didn't see any one asking for that.  So how about adding The Blaze Network?  How about, after a year of 1000's of ask, just letting us customers know what you are going to do? 

thanks

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

10 years ago

The Blaze is exclusively on Dish.  You can thank Glenn Beck for that.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

That is incorrect.  It was ORIGINALLY a Dish exclusive, but now other cable providers are also carrying it.  We're waiting for AT&T to do so as well.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

It's a shame that it was even considered.  Al Jazeera, .....

Shame on AT&T for even attempting to negotiate with them.

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

This is not 'A Solution'.  Solution means something has been reSolved.  This is a pound your head on the concrete till it hurts idea.  AT&T has to say Yes or No to The Blaze Network in order to have reSolution.  Please add THE BLAZE network!!!

ACE - Professor

• 

7.7K Messages

10 years ago

No one is forcing anyone to watch any channel. If you don't like a channel, you can block it real easy. :smiley happy: I, for one, wish they would add Al Jazeera so people would see that it is a channel dedicated to actual news and not the political agenda that other channels like Fox and NBC have.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.