brucealexy's profile

Teacher

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, September 12th, 2012 3:51 PM

Request for new channel

DISH has just added BlazeTV to their 250 tier. I would like to see AT&T add it to their 200 or 300 tier selections. We need added diversity of political opinion and news from which to choose.

Mentor

• 

41 Messages

11 years ago

Beck has over 300,000 paid subscribers. He is reported to have made over 80 million last year.

Professor

• 

1.3K Messages

11 years ago

@mduha29912 wrote:

Beck has over 300,000 paid subscribers. He is reported to have made over 80 million last year.

Fun thing about those numbers you mention is that they are projections based off of data in March 2012.  Since his company is private, he doesn't have to release his actual numbers to the public.

Still, having 0.1% of the US population actually paying you to watch you cry is impressive.

Tutor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I absolutely agree with you. We want to see U-Verse carry The Blaze TV as well. According to Glenn on the radio, he is trying to expand carriers BEYOND DISH. I will not switch from U-Verse; but hope that they receive enough requests for The Blaze to take action.

ACE - Expert

• 

14.1K Messages

11 years ago

@jimbarola wrote:

TheBlaze TV is on exclusive to DISH because Direct TV, U-verse, FIOS, Charter, and others have not picked it up yet. Glenn Beck has stated he wants to expand but has not reached a deal yet. He tried to buy Current TV but was not willing to pay more than $250M. He's determined it will be a better business model to create instead of buying, unless MSNBC goes on the block, which he is still eyeing as an option. Beck announced last month they will be launching a 24/7 international news service to be available by early 2014. TheBlaze TV lineup continues to expand with The Glenn Beck Radio Show, Pat & Stu, Liberty Treehouse, The Glenn Beck TV Program, Real News, Wilkow!, The B(rian).S(ack). of A, The Wonderful World of Stu, Independence USA, and special programming. TheBlaze Radio has a full lineup also.

"Dish has a period of exclusivity with TheBlaze, so no other cable or satellite system can carry the channel quite yet. The companies haven’t disclosed how long this period lasts, but it is probably ending soon, because TheBlaze is starting its campaign now."

from http://mediadecoder.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/02/25/glenn-beck-begins-campaign-to-urge-tv-systems-to-add-his-web-channel/?smid=tw-share

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

11 years ago

Looks like the army has been called into action:

http://www.gettheblaze.com/take-action/

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

11 years ago

Not sure what 300k paid subscribers can do though? That's a drop in the bucket for most providers.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Does anyone know if I can add the Blaze Television channel to the Uverse channel lineup?

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

11 years ago

@TexBoyer wrote:

Does anyone know if I can add the Blaze Television channel to the Uverse channel lineup?

No.  Only Dish Network carries that channel.

Tutor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Please carry the Glenn Beck TV series the Blaze, we have 7 liberal stations and Fox News.. THe liberals are spending us into oblivion and bankruptcy is not far behind..  I think your company would also benefit a great deal monetary wise because people will watch his show before a lot of what you have on now.  Thank You.

Scholar

• 

225 Messages

11 years ago

All these 1 post members who post asking for GB and then they seem to disappear. They've all appeared this month too. There are 7 liberal stations?!? I hope one of these one times wonders will list all 7 eventually.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.