Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Remote control (S30) not working. Help!

Highlighted
Tutor

Remote control (S30) not working. Help!

I get this message when trying to record a program: "Television service temporarily unavailable".  Sometimes if I click the record button again and again it sets the program to record.  Thanks for any help you can give me!

Message 1 of 3
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by Marjay
‎05-30-2019 12:45 PM

Re: Remote control (S30) not working. Help!

I get this message when trying to record a program: "Television service temporarily unavailable".

I don't think that has anything to do with your remote.  Reboot the dvr (pull plug for 15 secs.).  If that doesn't fix it reboot the gateway (pull plug for 15 secs. and let it fully reboot) and after that the dvr again.

Sometimes if I click the record button again and again it sets the program to record.

That might be the remote.  Usual requisite first question with remotes; have you tried new batteries?  If you want to replace the remote you have 3 choices:

1. Call tech support (800-288-2020) and ask for a replacement but they will problem want to charge you $20, i.e., the att store price.
  2. Order it yourself from the att online store for $20.
  3. Purchase it cheaper from amazon, ebay, or other places.

The att remote models numbers are the s10, s20, and s30.

This is a public forum and I am a customer just like you. Click kudo if you feel this post is helpful and "Accept as Solution" if it solves your problem.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 3
Tutor

Re: Remote control (S30) not working. Help!

Thanks a lot for your help! 

Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements
Additional Support