Shadow83's profile

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

Monday, December 10th, 2018 3:32 PM

Recording a series when it is ON Demand?

I tried calling and asking customer service but she could not understand and just kept asking me for an error code no matter how many times that I told her that I was calling for program help and there was no error.

I just had Uverse TV installed a few days ago, I have DirecTV and will not cancel until I know if I like Uverse which so far is a NO!!

I am trying to program into my Uverse DVR the many series I have to record in DirecTV.

I go to Search, I put in the show name and find it and CLICK! 

If the show is not available in ON Demand I am shown upcoming episodes and giving the option to record the series.

If the show is available ON Demand it takes me directly to On Demand listing ONLY the past shows available ON Demand, NO upcoming episodes or option to record the series.

I understand that another way to to program a series is through the Guide but for that one must know the channel and time of an upcoming episode, search ahead through guide to find the listing and twice click record to be able to record the series. With HUNDREDS of channels this is ridiculously inconvenient.  This seems to be the ONLY way to record a series that is available ON Demand????

In DirecTV even if a show is ON Demand one is given a list of upcoming episodes AND an option to record the series which is MUCH easier and convenient.

Please confirm my understanding is correct: The ONLY way to record a series of a show which is available ONDemand is to search the guide??

If this is correct I will be staying with DirecTV and dumping Uverse.

ACE - Professor

• 

5.8K Messages

5 years ago

I’m seeing the same thing. Some shows are only available on demand, some can be series recorded on certain channels. What’s confusing is there is a Chicago pd and Chicago p.d. The OP is just going to have to search more and see what he can find. Just like a web search you won’t find what you want easily sometimes. 

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

5 years ago

I give up.  I guess Chicago PD was a bad example, I just used that because it is on Weds nights.

Gut you are wrong about "

I was given the option to record both NCIS and Seal Team from CBS.  Same with Arrow on CW.

The Flash is on hiatus until Jan. 15, 2019"

NO option is shown for NCIS and SEAL TEAM, I just checked.  Arrow was on tonight and I tried to record the series Friday and Saturday and was only taken to ON Demand.  The Flash was on Sunday night and tried the same and got the same, no option to record the series, only ON Demand. 

OK, try searching for Mom and click on the show, ON Demand only comes up when it IS on this week, I just checked. Maybe then you will understand the shortcoming. With DirecTV there is an option to record the series even if it is available on demand.

It is obvious that DirecTV is head over heels better than Uverse when it comes to this and other user friendly things so bye bye Uverse.  Didn't even last a week.

Expert

• 

15K Messages

5 years ago

Let me summarize this.  If it isn't in the grid somewhere (which goes out a max of 12 days) a search is not going to find it unless on demand satisfies the search term.  In the search results only series can be scheduled for (optional series) record and movies for record if they can be viewed in your level of service (u200, u300, etc., HD, whatever other packages you are subscribed to).   On demand I assume has it's own restrictions too but I never use that. 

That's all there is to it.  Good or bad, it is what it is. 

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

5 years ago

Too many eggs are in the cart.

do JUST this and you will see what I do not like:

OK, try searching for Mom and click on the show, ON Demand only comes up with no future shows and no option to record the currently running series when it IS on this week, I just checked. 

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

5 years ago

Try this...do not choose the HD showing from the Search options.  Choosing the HD version DOES take you to OD.  Choose the 'regular' option.  That takes you to ALL showings of Mom and CPD for that matter. 

Again, there are NO new episodes of Chicago PD or Mom.  As you can see from the screenshot, you can record older episodes....just not NEW episodes as there are none available at this time.

CPD.JPGIMG_0518.JPG 

You are wanting to record NEW episodes of certain shows that are just not available.  Check the dates on the info page.  This is common around the holidays.  Networks hold new episodes until after the first of the year.

Also, if the program is being shown on any network other than the original network, it's going to be an older episode (syndicated).

2 Attachments

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

5 years ago

If you are attempting to record NEW episodes of some of the series you mentioned, perhaps the following information will help:

On CBS

Chicago PD:  New episodes start Jan. 9

Chicago Med:  New episodes start Jan. 9

Mom:  New episodes start Jan. 10

Seal Team:  New episodes start Jan. 2

ON CW

The Flash:  New episodes start Jan. 15

Arrow:  Last new episode was Oct. 15.  No further info available.

Sorry but I refuse to do any research on all the versions of NCIS! 

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

5 years ago

ALL that my question is about is recording when a show is also available in the ON Demand library.

I believe that we have established that even if there ARE upcoming new episodes of a show but old shows are available ON Demand the search function directs you into the ON Demand library and does not list upcoming shows or an option to record the series.  To record a series which has shows in the ON Demand library one must search the Guide (knowing the channel, date and time) and set the series to record from there.  THIS for me is a MAJOR inconvenience and I prefer the ease of which DirecTV allows one to record a series and at this time will cause my to stick with DirecTV and cancel Uverse and deal with rain fade.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Does anyone from ATT ever respond? I scrolled down quite a ways & never saw a response from them with this problem. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I’m having this same problem right now. For example, I can’t set a series recording for Real Housewives because they have it on demand. I think they’re trying to force you to use their on demand instead of recording the show yourself. It must have been very frustrating trying to explain this problem and having nobody understand. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.