megasthtw's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Thursday, October 31st, 2013 12:21 AM

Recording NBA League Pass

Just talked to AT&T tech support and was told that you can not record a NBA League Pass game. Is that correct?

Doesn't make sense since you cannot always be home when the game is on or when two or more games are on at the same time.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

10 years ago

@megasthtw wrote:

Thanks for the info. I will call back again and hope for the best.

Currently when I try to record it, the red record circle appears in the guide. When the game is on, the guide still has the red record circle, but info for the game say the show "will record" even though the game is currenlty on. Nothing appears in the recorded shows list.

Try rebooting your DVR to see if that fixes your issue.  I wouldn't bother calling Tech Support back about this issue.

By the, I'm currenly recording a games on NBA League.

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

10 years ago

@megasthtw wrote:

Just talked to AT&T tech support and was told that you can not record a NBA League Pass game. Is that correct?

Doesn't make sense since you cannot always be home when the game is on or when two or more games are on at the same time.

You should be able to record the games if you have a subscription to the package.  Tech Support does not always give out correct information.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

Thanks for the info. I will call back again and hope for the best.

Currently when I try to record it, the red record circle appears in the guide. When the game is on, the guide still has the red record circle, but info for the game say the show "will record" even though the game is currenlty on. Nothing appears in the recorded shows list.

Scholar

• 

104 Messages

10 years ago

ot true at all, I have NBA League Pass (signed up a few weeks back for the early bird price). And you can record games. Also AT&T will tell you that you can't record PPV events (WWE, UFC, Boxing etc) this too is untrue. You can record Live PPV events (not movies though).

ACE - Professor

• 

7.6K Messages

10 years ago

I'm guessing you can record PPV events, since they're on linear channels, but can't record movies, since they're on demand.

Former Employee

• 

310 Messages

10 years ago

@jhy1978 wrote:

ot true at all, I have NBA League Pass (signed up a few weeks back for the early bird price). And you can record games. Also AT&T will tell you that you can't record PPV events (WWE, UFC, Boxing etc) this too is untrue. You can record Live PPV events (not movies though).

When you order a PPV event, it automatically goes to the RECORD this episode screen. How do you get ATT will tell you you can't record PPV events? I record them all the time.

ACE - Professor

• 

7.6K Messages

10 years ago

Fox - It's been my experience that a lot of the CSRs tell the customer what they want to hear, rather than what the truth is.

If that is the case, then we certainly have a lot of uneducated CSRs. Maybe it's the overseas folks, who knows.

I think the underlying problem is that a lot of CSRs can't get the service they're talking about. Instead, they have to read the information off a screen. There's a call center in my city for two TV providers, neither of which are available anywhere near me.

If U-Verse isn't available where the employees live, is it at least available in the call centers?

Former Employee

• 

310 Messages

10 years ago

@baseballisback wrote:
Fox - It's been my experience that a lot of the CSRs tell the customer what they want to hear, rather than what the truth is.

If that is the case, then we certainly have a lot of uneducated CSRs. Maybe it's the overseas folks, who knows.

I think the underlying problem is that a lot of CSRs can't get the service they're talking about. Instead, they have to read the information off a screen. There's a call center in my city for two TV providers, neither of which are available anywhere near me.

If U-Verse isn't available where the employees live, is it at least available in the call centers?

AH! I agree with your statment. I think the underlying problem is that a lot of CSRs can't get the service they're talking about.

Scholar

• 

104 Messages

10 years ago

I wanted to order WWE PPV last sunday and the screen to order on thr TV said "rent from 55.00" and said one time viewing so I called to make sure and they were like "No you cannot record it". I figured that was wrong so after you click rent for $55.00 it went straight to "Record event" like you mentioned. However I'm sure some people have seen the same and called and decided forget that I'm not going pay $ and not be able to record it.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

Thanks for your help. Everything is working (and recording) now.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.