Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Recorded and On-demand means no-skip

Highlighted
Contributor

Recorded and On-demand means no-skip

So, if the show I've recorded is also available on-demand it always seems to force me to watch the on-demand version on the app. This means I am also forced to watch every commercial. Is that intended? Quite displeased with the limitations on both the app and DVR so far.

Message 1 of 3
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by Cambist
‎07-03-2018 10:14 PM

Re: Recorded and On-demand means no-skip

Since you cannot watch recorded shows on the app, your only choice is to watch the program from the OD library if it's available. 

It has been my experience that the commercials shown during OD programs are fewer and shorter than when the program was broadcast during regularly scheduled hours.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 3
Contributor

Re: Recorded and On-demand means no-skip

That makes sense, thanks. My previous DVR was a TiVo and Cablecard. I could watch recorded TV anywhere through the app. I hadn’t realized that feature was not going to be available. Yeah, not super happy about that one. Given many providers allow remote viewing I wonder what the justification is for this. 

Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements
Additional Support