Record a Video on Demand movie.

Mentor

Record a Video on Demand movie.

I am using Windows Media Center to record TV programs and movies from Uverse. Works very well but I am wondering if anyone has figured out how to record VOD's programs. As you know they are shown on channel 1 on the TV it was rented with. I can not find a way to put the VOD on the TV I am recording on. The menu button does not work on WMC so I am not able to bring up and VOD's with WMC.

Help

Message 1 of 10 (4,375 Views)
ACE - Expert

Re: Record a Video on Demand movie.

marshall212 - Are you saying you are using a PC to view U-verse directly? I thought that was not supported.

I pressed channel 1 & it displays the on-demand screen. I press OK & I get the on-demand menu.

Is that what you are trying ro do without using the menu button?
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 10 (4,370 Views)
Mentor

yes, I record Uverse through a Haupaugge HD PVR. It records any and every channel I have. It will change channels for the next recording. Very nice setup. Forgot to say - the OS is Windows 7 and the app Windows Media Center is part of the OS.

Now, while I can record every channel I subscribe to I can not figure out a way to record the VOD's. To get to the VOD's I need the "Menu" button to work but it (the menu button) does not work with WMC. I should mention that all of this is on my computer - I can watch programs or record them for later viewing.

By using this feature I am able to take the recording when I travel and watch them on my tablet. If you have interest in this I will explain the other program I use to remove the commericals and change the format from .wtv to .mp4. But I stray of my topic. I would like to record the VOD's for later viewing as I do the "regular" movies/programs and that is where I need help.

Message 3 of 10 (4,364 Views)
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author marshall212
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

[ Edited ]

marshall212 - OK - You are using an STB. You do not have the ability to send a menu command via the IR blaster.

Did you try my suggested method??

Also, sounds like you are doing this at home. So, just set it up with the regular remote & play it into the PC & record the stream.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 10 (4,358 Views)
Mentor

Yes, putting it on channel 1 then pressing Menu does work. Very cool. It is recording as we "speak". Thanks for your help.

Message 5 of 10 (4,346 Views)
Mentor

Why does it say I am a visitor?

Message 6 of 10 (4,341 Views)
ACE - Expert

marshall212 - Visitor is first level after registration. Not sure of participation requirements to move up to next level.
Message 7 of 10 (4,327 Views)
Highlighted
Mentor

OK, Thanks

Message 8 of 10 (4,324 Views)
Tutor

"By using this feature I am able to take the recording when I travel and watch them on my tablet. If you have interest in this I will explain the other program I use to remove the commericals and change the format from .wtv to .mp4. But I stray of my topic. I would like to record the VOD's for later viewing as I do the "regular" movies/programs and that is where I need help."

I would like to hear your explanation of this.

Message 9 of 10 (2,627 Views)
Tutor

"By using this feature I am able to take the recording when I travel and watch them on my tablet. If you have interest in this I will explain the other program I use to remove the commericals and change the format from .wtv to .mp4. But I stray of my topic."

OK, I figured it out; Hauppauge Colossus, MCEBuddy.

Uverse should really unlock the ability to make a PC a PVR.  It would really open up the features of the system.

Message 10 of 10 (2,582 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Having service trouble? There is an app for that! Use our troubleshooting tool or text myATT to 8758 to download the app. It is much faster than posting on our forums. You will also find some helpful articles below.