marshall212's profile

Mentor

• 

52 Messages

Tuesday, January 1st, 2013 1:35 PM

Record a Video on Demand movie.

I am using Windows Media Center to record TV programs and movies from Uverse. Works very well but I am wondering if anyone has figured out how to record VOD's programs. As you know they are shown on channel 1 on the TV it was rented with. I can not find a way to put the VOD on the TV I am recording on. The menu button does not work on WMC so I am not able to bring up and VOD's with WMC.

Help

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

11 years ago

marshall212 - OK - You are using an STB. You do not have the ability to send a menu command via the IR blaster.

Did you try my suggested method??

Also, sounds like you are doing this at home. So, just set it up with the regular remote & play it into the PC & record the stream.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

11 years ago

marshall212 - Are you saying you are using a PC to view U-verse directly? I thought that was not supported.

I pressed channel 1 & it displays the on-demand screen. I press OK & I get the on-demand menu.

Is that what you are trying ro do without using the menu button?

Mentor

• 

52 Messages

11 years ago

yes, I record Uverse through a Haupaugge HD PVR. It records any and every channel I have. It will change channels for the next recording. Very nice setup. Forgot to say - the OS is Windows 7 and the app Windows Media Center is part of the OS.

Now, while I can record every channel I subscribe to I can not figure out a way to record the VOD's. To get to the VOD's I need the "Menu" button to work but it (the menu button) does not work with WMC. I should mention that all of this is on my computer - I can watch programs or record them for later viewing.

By using this feature I am able to take the recording when I travel and watch them on my tablet. If you have interest in this I will explain the other program I use to remove the commericals and change the format from .wtv to .mp4. But I stray of my topic. I would like to record the VOD's for later viewing as I do the "regular" movies/programs and that is where I need help.

Mentor

• 

52 Messages

11 years ago

Yes, putting it on channel 1 then pressing Menu does work. Very cool. It is recording as we "speak". Thanks for your help.

Mentor

• 

52 Messages

11 years ago

Why does it say I am a visitor?

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

11 years ago

marshall212 - Visitor is first level after registration. Not sure of participation requirements to move up to next level.

Mentor

• 

52 Messages

11 years ago

OK, Thanks

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

10 years ago

"By using this feature I am able to take the recording when I travel and watch them on my tablet. If you have interest in this I will explain the other program I use to remove the commericals and change the format from .wtv to .mp4. But I stray of my topic. I would like to record the VOD's for later viewing as I do the "regular" movies/programs and that is where I need help."

I would like to hear your explanation of this.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

10 years ago

"By using this feature I am able to take the recording when I travel and watch them on my tablet. If you have interest in this I will explain the other program I use to remove the commericals and change the format from .wtv to .mp4. But I stray of my topic."

OK, I figured it out; Hauppauge Colossus, MCEBuddy.

Uverse should really unlock the ability to make a PC a PVR. It would really open up the features of the system.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.