Tarasue81's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Friday, August 16th, 2013 5:56 AM

Recent channels viewed list

Hello! Last night while watching tv, I sat on my silver uverse remote. When I looked up, on the right side of the screen, a menu saying "recent channels" was listed. I accidently pressed exit anactor the life of me can't figure out how to get it back on the screen. I have tried pressing every button and different combinations of buttons. Does ANYONE have ANY advice on this? I would be extregreat grateful!! thanks guys!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

11 years ago

@viscountuk wrote:

Not sure if this has any bearing on what is being discussed but the only time I have seen a 'recent channels visited' type of service is while watching something On Demand and clicking the Last button.  This results in showing a list on the right of the last 5 or 6 channels viewed (including a PIP) allowing you to scroll up and down to select.

Interesting.  I do not watch OD much, so I may have to try it.   Anyone who wants to test this, please do.  Press the Last button at various times and activities, and see if it jumps to the Last channel or gives you a list.

Mentor

• 

88 Messages

11 years ago

The same thing happened to me Monday evening on a non-DVR STB with the black remote (using the"Last" button). I cannot replicate it and the STB has not been rebooted.

Expert

• 

23.3K Messages

11 years ago

Try going to the intreactive menu and see if you can see it there.

Mentor

• 

88 Messages

11 years ago

It was not via an Interactive App, the "Last" button brought it up. Unfortunately I didn't think to take a photo.

Former Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

11 years ago

I'm not sure if this is exactly what you're looking for, but click here for channel favorites options. 

Let me know if this is what you were looking for. 

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

11 years ago

@ATTJulieCS wrote:

I'm not sure if this is exactly what you're looking for, but click here for channel favorites options. 

Let me know if this is what you were looking for. 

Julie - I have not seen anything relating to Recent Channels, visited.  I am studying up on Comcast's new X1 Platform and they are including a list of the last 9 viewed channels - so maybe the OP witnessed AT&T testing an upcoming new feature.  I have never seen a recent list show up, so it could be a test on unknowing subscribers.

Mentor

• 

30 Messages

11 years ago

Not sure if this has any bearing on what is being discussed but the only time I have seen a 'recent channels visited' type of service is while watching something On Demand and clicking the Last button.  This results in showing a list on the right of the last 5 or 6 channels viewed (including a PIP) allowing you to scroll up and down to select.

Mentor

• 

88 Messages

11 years ago

I just tried it and it shows a list of recent On Demand and recent Channels. A On Demand program has to be playing for it to work.

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

11 years ago

@catchtwentytwo wrote:
I just tried it and it shows a list of recent On Demand and recent Channels. A On Demand program has to be playing for it to work.

I concur 100%.  SO, AT&T is either 1) testing this feature out by having the feature only in the VOD section, 2) has tried to implement this everywhere on U-Verse but it's not working anywhere but VOD or 3) they are only going to use it in VOD, which, IMO defeats its purpose.  Xfinity's new X1 platform shows the last 9 viewed channels or titles, so I'm guessing that AT&T is trying to keep up with the Jones's or Comcast's, as it were. 

Here is a screenshot.  AND yes that is an original Picaso.  An original mass produced lithograph. Smiley Tongue

recent.jpg

1 Attachment

Mentor

• 

60 Messages

10 years ago

I know this thread is fairly old, but I've figured out how to replicate this while watching live TV. Press the back button, then last and the list will show up.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.