Tom Anderson's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, November 9th, 2012 5:51 PM

Random availability in apartment building

I am trying to get Uverse internet service.  I live in a condo building in Chicago, IL.  When I contacted customer service they told me that essentially, every unit in my 100 unit building can get UVerse except for MY unit.  The units directly to the left, right, and across the hall are all eligible.  This is very frustrating and hard to understand.

I did contact customer service and created a Uverse lead to determine address availability.  I was told that the lead was completed and that my unit remains ineligible.  I doubt they sent anyone to check it out because it just does not make sense.  All electronics and wiring run through a common room on each floor of our condo. 

How can I get this resolved?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

11 years ago

@dian1950 wrote:

If you live in Chicago don't forget that U does not carry the many sub-channels like ME , ME TOO, ANTENNA TV. THIS , etc. like COMCAST and several others do. If your condo doesn't have a main OTA system you will be out of luck.

Thank you dian1950 aka Larry 11 aka Paul416 as well as many other nicknames for your weekly or sometimes several times a week commercial for Comcast.

Comcast must pay you pretty big bucks to act as their spokesperson on this U-Verse forum.  The most anyone gets paid on this forum is a set of steak knives.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

I would recommend that you send a Private Message to the AT&TCustomerCare customer service team. They will reply back with a PM (blue envelope in the top right of the page). Their normal business hours are from 7am to 10pm Central Time.  Please allow up to 2 days for a response.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

Thanks for the suggestion and link!  I've sent a message.  We'll see how helpful they can be...always skeptical of customer service

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

This is a new group formed to help with problem situations just like yours.  They are dedicated to help forum posters such as yourself with issues.  They are very successful at resolving matters in a timely manor and most times with a positive result.

Scholar

• 

101 Messages

11 years ago

If you live in Chicago don't forget that U does not carry the many sub-channels like ME , ME TOO, ANTENNA TV. THIS , etc. like COMCAST and several others do. If your condo doesn't have a main OTA system you will be out of luck.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.