For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
moodoll's profile

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

Friday, December 29th, 2017 4:30 AM

Closed

What happened to RLTV?

What happened to RLTV?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

6 years ago

Posted on Variety back in September:

Scripps has acquired carriage contracts from the Retirement Living Television (RLTV) cable network, covering about 26 million U.S. homes. RLTV will shut down this fall, to be replaced by Newsy’s 24-hour linear feed, with a mix of news and talk-show programming aimed at millennials.

Expert

• 

15K Messages

6 years ago

It has apparently been removed from all channel lineups.  Maybe att figured nobody would notice. Man Surprised

Based on this it's apparently being taken off Verizon as well.  They say there that their RLTV channel is being replaces with a channel called Newsy.

This article confirms ATT is getting Newsy as well.  And TitanTV already lists Newsy on att channel 175.

Scholar

• 

89 Messages

6 years ago

@skeeterintexasand @_xyzzy_ -

Thank you for the information that Scripps acquired Retirement Living TV (RLTV), a channel for the AARP crowd (50 years old and older) and will be replacing it with Newsy, for millennials. Definitely NOT a "replacement" to my mind. I consider the change just another negative for people over a certain age. I will be contacting Scripps to state my unhappiness over the loss of RLTV.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.