ubigcorps's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, December 21st, 2014 3:44 AM

Question about Aspect Ratio

Why did yall cut inches of the standard def tv service. Someone buys a 42" tv and thanks to u watches a 38" picture. It's b*******. I'm sure yall remember when the pic was full screen, yall are all old enough to remember that. And even though we do have HD service when I switch it to the same channel I was watching in standard..... ooops, no picture at all on hd. I wish more people would realize how ur screwing them. I hope soon to never pay another tv bill and will only watch hulu/Netflix or anything other than the big corps crap. 1 star overall service.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

9 years ago

In summation: Dear Comcast, I'm sorry I dumped you. I was so wrong. Please take me back! Sincerely, Your Former Customer

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

9 years ago

Now that Comcast and Netflix have made their deal, we may be headed back to Comcast ourselves, certainly after paying more than $14,000 or $15,000 this year alone and having ATT techs out to the house at least 3 dozen times in 2014~~I'm not exaggerating one bit.  They may have even been here 4 dozen times, I'm trying to underestimate, for fear of being a drama queen, and I don't want to make it sound worse than it is (it's pretty awful.) 

@Clink031384 wrote:
In summation: Dear Comcast, I'm sorry I dumped you. I was so wrong. Please take me back! Sincerely, Your Former Customer

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

9 years ago

I should have clarified~~the $14,000 plus was for repairs that ATT didn't seem capable to do, or willing to do.  After we were hacked and invaded with malware, spam, viruses, you name it, and oh, speaking of which I think I need to investigate my Paypal accounts because it appears that someone went on ANOTHER spending spree last night while we were all asleep, nasty little criminals come alive at night and I get these alerts in the morning at about 6 am or so after I've had enough coffee to look at my email~~nice way to wake up, huh? 

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

9 years ago

@AudreyJ2000 wrote:

I should have clarified~~the $14,000 plus was for repairs that ATT didn't seem capable to do, or willing to do.  After we were hacked and invaded with malware, spam, viruses, you name it, and oh, speaking of which I think I need to investigate my Paypal accounts because it appears that someone went on ANOTHER spending spree last night while we were all asleep, nasty little criminals come alive at night and I get these alerts in the morning at about 6 am or so after I've had enough coffee to look at my email~~nice way to wake up, huh? 

So you're blaming AT&T for someone hacking into your computer? 

I've had Uverse for over 7 years and no one has ever hacked into my computer.  But then again, I have a good firewall and virus protection program.  *shrugs*

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

9 years ago

@Clink031384 wrote:

This is a U-Verse forum. You need to call Comcast to see about switching providers. I hope you are not under contract with U-Verse. Sorry, I do not have the phone number you need to contact Comcast.

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

9 years ago

@AudreyJ2000 wrote:

Why are you still a subscriber to U-Verse since you are so unhappy? You have been complaining about all sorts of things regarding U-Verse since December 11, 2013, over a year ago. Why put yourself through this torture? Are you still under contract with AT&T?

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

9 years ago

Getting back to the topic at hand and not something that I need hip waders for, I have seen more shenanigans on local SD channels.  Here is one example from WXIN Fox 59 (11/1011, locally in Indianapolis).  This is from their SD channel.  HD looked fine.  The logo is in a non picture area.

unnamed.jpg

This is a station generated issue and not an AT&T issue.  Nothing AT&T does nor anything a zoom button does, will fix it.  I do have an old 4:3 set too and the oddities show up, there too.  1) get HD 2) use HD channels when viewing, when you can.  Hopefully, at some point, AT&T will get rid of the HD Technology Fee (i.e. profit generator).

1 Attachment

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.