baseballisback's profile
ACE - Professor

ACE - Professor

• 

7.6K Messages

Wednesday, March 22nd, 2017 2:10 AM

Programming notices for March

Notice Appearing in USA Today on March 21, 2017

AT&T's agreements with programmers expire from time to time. We are usually able to obtain renewals or extensions of such agreements, but in rare cases we may be required to cease carriage of channels. For more information on upcoming expirations or other programming changes see below or visit att.com/fightingforyou. Below we list the prior three notices that also appeared in USA Today.

March 2017:

As previously noticed, AT&T's contract with the programmer for the following channels is set to expire. While these channels will continue to be available to U-verse members so long as AT&T has the rights to carry them, if a reasonable agreement cannot be reached with the programmer the programming will no longer be available. AT&T may modify the channel location for the programming by moving them from their current channel location to a channel between 9501 – 9599, and if a reasonable longer term agreement cannot be reached with the programmers, we may lose the rights to carry them (listed in alphabetical order) in or after March 2017: Vme (channel 3015) and Vme Kids (channel 3058). .

As well as the following local channels: 1) In Florida, in the Orlando area, WVEN (channel 26 and 1026 in HD); 2) In Kansas, in the Topeka area, KTKA (channel 49 and 1049 in HD), and KTKAD3 (channel 50); 3) In Michigan, in the Lansing area, WLAJ (channel 53 and 1053 in HD), and WLAJD2 (channel 54 and 1054 in HD); 4) In Ohio, in the Dayton area, WBDT (channel 26 and 1026 in HD); 5) In Texas, in the Austin area, KNVA (channel 54 and 1054 in HD). .

Effective March 7, 2017, WEFS in the Orlando, FL area (channel 68) rebranded from PBS to IND. .

April 2017 :

Effective April 1, 2017, QVC+ (channel 421) is rebranding to QVC2. .

May 2017

As well as the following local channels: 1) In Alabama, in the Mobile area, WALA (channel 10 and 1010 in HD); 2) In Georgia, in the Atlanta area, WGCL (channel 46 and 1046 in HD); 3) In Michigan, in the Flint-Saginaw-Bay City area, WNEM (channel 5 and 1005 in HD); 4) In Missouri, in the Kansas City area, KCTV (channel 5 and 1005 in HD), and KSMO (channel 62 and 1062 in HD); and in the St. Louis area, KMOV (channel 4 and 1004 in HD); 5) In South Carolina, in the Greenville-Spartanburg area, WHNS (channel 21 and 1021 in HD); 6) In Tennessee, in the Nashville area, WSMV (channel 4 and 1004 in HD).

On or after May 30, 2017, the Uverse.com site may be retired and no longer available for video streaming. Additionally, on or after May 30, 2017, the U-verse app may be unavailable on the XBox One and Windows mobile operating systems as well. Customers will still be able to stream via the U-verse mobile app on all other supported platforms. More information will be available at Uverse.com.

On or after May 1, KXPXLP (RETRO TV) in Corpus Christi, TX (channel 14) may no longer be available.

Effective May 31, 2017 XETV (THE CW) in San Diego, CA (channel 6 and 1006 in HD) will cease operations. San Diego area viewers will have access to THE CW programming on another local station.

Award for Community Excellence Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Reconnect NBC in north Alabama!

ACE - Expert

• 

34.6K Messages

7 years ago

Streaming on Windows (browser-based) going away?

Not good, youngster!

Guru

• 

417 Messages

7 years ago

This blurb: 

On or after May 30, 2017, the Uverse.com site may be retired and no longer available for video streaming. Additionally, on or after May 30, 2017, the U-verse app may be unavailable on the XBox One and Windows mobile operating systems as well. Customers will still be able to stream via the U-verse mobile app on all other supported platforms. More information will be available at Uverse.com.

Does not bode well for my beloved U-Verse service. Is it just a matter of time before we are all assimilated into the DirectTV collective?  Resistance is futile.... 

ACE - Expert

• 

34.6K Messages

7 years ago

If they take away my terrestrial IP delivery, they're asking me to leave.  Don't want to deal with a dish.

Guru

• 

622 Messages

7 years ago

Effective May 31, 2017 XETV (THE CW) in San Diego, CA (channel 6 and 1006 in HD) will cease operations. San Diego area viewers will have access to THE CW programming on another local station.

Unfortunately, unless AT&T changed its policy concerning subchannels, it won't be on U-Verse.
According to the San Diego Union-Tribune, the CW programs will air on KFMB subchannel 8.3 - and if I remember correctly, AT&T does not make exceptions to its "no subchannel" rule for CW programs; only for the "big four" (NBC, CBS, ABC, Fox).

• 

25.7K Messages

7 years ago

I read a post on this message about uverse.com going away.  I can not find any information to support that.  Will you please provide the link or what you read that you are getting the information from.

ACE - Expert

• 

34.6K Messages

7 years ago

@dinglesby wrote:

I read a post on this message about uverse.com going away.  I can not find any information to support that.  Will you please provide the link or what you read that you are getting the information from.

See http://programmingchanges.att.com/ .  Select your state and you will see text similar to the OP, including the Uverse.com notice.

Scholar

• 

118 Messages

7 years ago

Well they just signed a new multi year carriage deal for The Pursuit Channel for U-Verse systems...

http://www.multichannel.com/news/telco-tv/pursuit-channel-bags-carriage-deal/411720

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

IF ATT is not going to carry BEINSP there is no need for me to pay for the high dollar package and may be time it switch to a carrier that does carry BEINSP. Get rid of my ATT phones and Internet also.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.