For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
fiftiesbabe's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, January 22nd, 2014 12:45 AM

Programming is interrupted with blue screen "tips" screen.

At least once a day my programming is interrupted with blue screen "tips" screen. Is this a feature I can turn off?

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

35.2K Messages

10 years ago

After 8 hours of no activity (from the remote or the front of the box), the STB goes to its "standby" state: The "power" button light goes off and the display switches to the standby blue screen which--as of about 8 months ago--displays "helpful" tips about U-verse service.

You can prevent this by pressing OK, or EXIT or anything on the remote before the eight hour timer expires, but the feature itself cannot be disabled.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

fiftiesbabe - The answer to your question is no, but there is a work around. There have been many complaints about this feature. The only time it is a real problem is if you are not home. Which is a paradox. If you are not home what does it matter?

I had a couple days where I did not go out & not turning off the TV so at 4:00 or soon after the dreaded press ok screen appeared. I did press OK & all was right again in the u-verse (at least for the next eight hours, but I usually change channels in that time frame.

So, the work around is to find a time, within an eight hour period to do a quick chan up/down to buy another eight hours of uninterrupted viewing. Think of it as feeding the parking meter. Or, just press OK when needed.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

a way around it will be found or the ultimate fix will be used. it will go out the door

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

not a good work around, i'm paying for it 24/7 and i want it 24/7 on my terms

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

10 years ago

@hkerslake wrote:

not a good work around, i'm paying for it 24/7 and i want it 24/7 on my terms

If you're watching the same channel for 8hrs and 1 minute is the only time you're going to run into this issue.  You have access to your tv and internet 24/7, it's an energy savings feature that is built in to turn the box off after 8 hours on no activity.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.