Steve609's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, September 1st, 2018 7:57 PM

Program guide alphabetized

I’m a new subscriber and I’m generally pleased with the service.  However, there’s one issue that’s making me crazy to the point I may cancel.  Am I crazy, or is it impossible to view the program guide with the channels listed alphabetically?  It’s nearly impossible to Find anything.  I know I can look for a specific channel or a specific program, but what if I don’t know what I want to watch?  What if I want to scrolled through the channel and browse?  I’m supposed to scroll the 3,000 channels????  That’s insane.  Am I missing something here?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

6 years ago

Sorry, but alphabetical is not an option.  Numerical only.

The one thing you might want to do is to hide any channels you either don't have or have no interest in.  Press the Menu button on your remote and go to Options > System > Hide Channels.  This has to be done on each receiver individually.

You could also look into creating a Favorites list.  I'm not a fan but some find that very helpful.

Edit:  If you want to browse the programming on a specific channel, while on the Guide screen, toggle all the way to the left to highlight the network name and press enter.  This is reveal just that channels programming for the next 2 weeks.  You can take that opportunity to set the DVR so you don't miss a show.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

This is ridiculous.  Every other company let’s you browse alphabetically.  I can’t imagine this would be difficult for att to do.  This is as subscriber-unfriendly as you can get.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.