Newuser63's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, July 19th, 2014 12:59 AM

Program REminder one more time

A brand new user-- got sold on the miracle of U-Verse-- everything you already have and MORE. The program reminder option is not available, and I do miss it.

The tone of the forum comments seems to be "Get used to doing without." Not a very helpful attitude.

Recording a show is not the same as a reminder that it is about to start. Really doesn't seem like such a hard feature to adde.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

10 years ago

@Newuser63 wrote:

A brand new user-- got sold on the miracle of U-Verse-- everything you already have and MORE. The program reminder option is not available, and I do miss it.

The tone of the forum comments seems to be "Get used to doing without." Not a very helpful attitude.

Recording a show is not the same as a reminder that it is about to start. Really doesn't seem like such a hard feature to adde.

It may not be the "help" you're looking for, but it is the truth. There's no reason to believe a reminder feature will be added, so getting used to doing with out is a good idea. 

As skeeter said, in many ways recording a program is far superior to watching it live. The only reasons I can think of that would require live watching is a) a reality program where you have to call in votes by a certain time and b) participating in a live chat about the program. Possibly sporting events, I suppose, but if one is that big of a fan, there are multiple ways to keep track of your teams schedule (I have the STL Cardinal's schedule as my phone's lock screen, for instance).

If being reminded of a show about to start is important to you, I'd recommend setting an alarm on you cell phone.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

10 years ago

Came from cable and had the reminder feature (which I loved).  Been with Uverse for 7 years and INITIALLY missed the reminder but I've gotten used to setting up a recording instead of setting up a reminder.

When i see the red light on, I check the DVR page and think "Oh goodie, ---- is recording.  I forgot I set the DVR!"  It's just like Christmas morning.  Then I wait a bit (10 mins. for a 30 min. show and 20 mins for a 1 hr. show) and I watch the RECORDING.  That way I never miss a show and avoid all commercials.

Win/Win!

The added bonus is if I'm recording and get busy or distracted, I can always watch it later.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

9 years ago

@bartewing wrote:

Miccheck maybe turn your mic off unnecesarily rude to a customer making a simple point shared by many others. You are one of those guys that thinks everyone should be as brilliant and wonderful as you and your way is the only way ... {keep it courteous}

Perhaps you'll find the response "IT IS WHAT IT IS" less snarky.

If a feature is available, we'll be glad to walk you through the steps to accomplish what you want but if the feature is NOT available, has NEVER been available and we dont know if it will EVER be available, then yeah, the answer is "get used to it".

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

9 years ago

If our Comcast system had a reminder feature, I did not use it.  BUT the one thing that I did like about their DVR was that it gave a "two minute warning" when both tuners were about to be engaged.  I would sure like that "heads up" when all streams were about to be tied up.  If I'm watching Live TV, I may miss the last few seconds.  OR maybe more if I'm living in buffer land.  That would be a cool feature and maybe a reminder could be rolled into it.  I even drafted up a fantasy screenshot of such a warning and what options would be available.  Here it is, maybe the line "all services are in use" could be changed to "All services will be in use within 90 seconds...."

uvchoose.jpg

1 Attachment

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.