Setherson's profile
Employee

Employee

• 

28 Messages

Friday, January 24th, 2014 12:33 AM

Problem with uverseonline.att.net

Hey, guys.  I've contacted the Facebook folks on this, and they sent my info along to someone, but they don't seem to be able to reproduce the problem or tell me what's wrong.  There are some videos on uversonline.att.net that aren't working right for me.  I only get a portion of the video window, and there is no button to go full-screen.  I have this problem in Firefox, and also in IE.  I suspect it is some kind of problem with the add-on, or something...but I don't know what that might be or how to fix it.  Please tell me if you have some idea.  The picture I'm attaching here shows what I see when I watch -- as you can see, only part of the "screen" shows up.  I have this problem with "Good Eats," with "Hoarders," and with any other videos that use that "player."

Thanks.

Video Window.jpg

And another one...

Step 6.jpg

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

2 Attachments

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Professor

• 

1.3K Messages

10 years ago

I'm willing to bet 1 of 3 things is happening ordered in most to least likely.

1. Your DPI settings are too high. Seeing that you're proabbly running Vista, I'll guide you as best as I can. Open the control panel and select "Display". Set your text size to 100%

2. Your zoom level for the website is too large. Press Ctrl+"-" to shrink it or Press Ctrl + "0" to reset it to 100%

3. Your resoultion is too large. Right-click on the desktop and select "Secrren Resoultion". Increase the size on the slider until it's maxed out.

ACE - Expert

• 

34.6K Messages

10 years ago

What kind of screen resolution are you running?  Is it the native resolution for the monitor?  Have you tried changing it to something else and seeing if that makes any difference?

Employee

• 

28 Messages

10 years ago

Thanks, americangame!  You nailed it.  It was the first suggestion you gave -- DPI was too high.  I like to have that at 150% because my TV is my monitor, and it's easier to read things from my couch with that higher DPI.  It's too bad I can't keep it at 150% if I want to watch the shows, but that's a very easy workaround that I can set to a lower DPI when I want to watch, and bring it back up when I'm done.  Thanks so much!!!

Employee

• 

28 Messages

10 years ago

FYI, as an update, I set my text DPI back to 200%, and the video window is still the way it should be. One of those computer glitches that just needed to be changed, and then changed back! Yay!

Professor

• 

1.3K Messages

10 years ago

@Setherson wrote:

Thanks, americangame!  You nailed it.  It was the first suggestion you gave -- DPI was too high.  I like to have that at 150% because my TV is my monitor, and it's easier to read things from my couch with that higher DPI.  It's too bad I can't keep it at 150% if I want to watch the shows, but that's a very easy workaround that I can set to a lower DPI when I want to watch, and bring it back up when I'm done.  Thanks so much!!!

I figured that was the problem. I had that issue once with Youtube, I had to do a soft reset like you did in order to get the video to play properly.

Technology...

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.